Help, help, help!!
reolee
January 13, 2013 in Design Dilemma
We are renovating our former garage into a 3/4 bath, walk-in closet, and office/recording studio for my husband. We are installing a tile shower (Crema Marfil porcelain) and hope to get a vanity with a black granite top. We are having trouble trying to figure out what is the best way to go for the bathroom floor: porcelain tile, luxury vinyl tile, marmoleum, or (last resort) sheet vinyl. Money is beginning to get tight, yet I don't want to "cheapen" the look of the bathroom by installing an inferior floor covering. What is the best "bang for my buck"? Also, my colors are cream and black, which is EXTREMELY hard to find shower curtains & valances for! Thanks for your input!
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Cynthia Taylor-Luce
Can you use the same porcelain as you have in the shower? That would unify the space nicely.
   January 13, 2013 at 7:49PM
reolee
I agree, but it's polished and we are getting older. The potential for slipping on polished is a concern. We have looked into a complementing (6x6) floor tile, but it has been discontinued and the store where we saw it didn't have enough for a 60sf floor. (Back to the drawing board (once again!) Our floor is long and narrow, therefore we are pretty limited as to the dimensions (12x12 & under.)
   January 13, 2013 at 8:20PM
PRO
Cynthia Taylor-Luce
Is there a matching mosaic? Even if it's polished, there's so much grout between the little tiles that it's suitable for shower floors. So it would make an awesome floor for your bathroom.
   January 13, 2013 at 8:24PM
PRO
World Contracting LLC
best "bang for the buck" is ceramic tile. most ceramics are under 1.50 a foot with field tile being under $.60 a foot!!

on the other hand, if money is tight now, go with a cheap lino and tile it next year with a nice porecelain next year.
   January 13, 2013 at 8:31PM
PRO
Cancork Floor Inc.
Cork glue down tile is water proof, low cost, install per square foot is roughly the same as a tiled floor, is low-slip surface and is warm on feet, soft on joints and CAN LOOK LIKE MARBLE! No "cheapening" sense with white/cream cork.

www.icorkfloor.com has 4 whites on offer. www.corkfloorsales.com has the same 4 whites with a 5th "parquet" which is white/black.
1 Like   January 14, 2013 at 12:17AM