I am not sure what to do for a backsplash , anyone have any ideas ?
myster42
Is there an app that your can insert a photo of a room and then put different colours or tiles on it
Photoshop is a regular photo program you can cut/paste, magic wand cut and enter different colors with a "paint bucket". I'm sure there are specific programs for designers tho. What is the floor color/material?

0 Likes   January 13, 2013 at 9:54PM
myster42
The floor is medium oak , thanks for the info
0 Likes   January 13, 2013 at 10:50PM
cyn222
Check out Fasade. They have some unique easy install designs.
0 Likes   January 13, 2013 at 11:09PM
Edmonton Homecrafters
I would cover the entire wall with a mozaic tile. Some natural stone that ties in with the rest of your house. Slate, tumbled travertine depending on what color you like.
0 Likes   January 14, 2013 at 9:56PM
meatpie
I love white subway tile. Classic and would bring some light to the space. They come in a variety of styles and finishes now... marble, glass, colored, etc.
0 Likes   January 14, 2013 at 10:05PM
LRIDesign
I agree with the above. Subway shape (3x6) is current and will have longevity. You could go with an off white/cream or pick up on a color in your counter.
0 Likes   January 14, 2013 at 10:48PM
Harrell Art Group
I love subway tiles in a kitchen. The home we just sold had grayish white, porcelain cracked with a charcoal grout! Loved it....
0 Likes   January 15, 2013 at 12:54AM
alex511
You could do white onyx, which is what I did in my kitchen. I am in love with this tile. I also think white would look fantastic.
0 Likes   January 15, 2013 at 3:24AM
alex511
One more picture to get a good idea of this tile (each piece is different).
0 Likes   January 15, 2013 at 3:26AM
janeilene
I went on the Daltile site and actually printed out some designs and tiles then taped them up to the wall to see..It's not only the tile but the color of the grout also. The best way is to go to a tile store and borrow samples. Colors always look different when you put them in the room.
0 Likes   January 15, 2013 at 4:31AM
Diana Bier Interiors, LLC
Alex 511, that onyx is gorgeous! Great choice!
1 Like   January 15, 2013 at 4:47AM
Susan Jablon Mosaics
Hi myster42!
When dealing only in images, it is still difficult to tell exaclty how a certain tile will look in your kitchen. Like janeilene said, the best thing to do is just get samples of different things you like and see how they look with your lighting, etc. We offer free shipping on all samples, as well as special discounts for 5+ and 10+ samples, so it doesn't have to be expensive to get all the samples you want. It looks to me like your counters are a light gray/green? You could do a mosaic like the one below that incorporates the grayish green, a butter yellow, and white for a soft, but unique look. The mosaic below was created on our custom mosaic designer on our website. With it you can use all the tiles we carry to make the perfect mosaic. Just some ideas for you, good luck with your search!
0 Likes   January 15, 2013 at 6:58AM
Architect Andrew Morrall
An option would be to do a full height backsplash with the same material you use for your countertop, and then use a heavy guage stainless steel backsplash that matcheds your oven/cooktop.

0 Likes   January 15, 2013 at 7:06AM
Dining Room Rug Dilemma
Hi, Have always had trouble deciding on a rug that...
lifestylere
Please help completing my great room
It is a very bare space at the moment as I have focused...
Stefanie
Closet door help, please!
We need help figuring out what to do for the under...
Amanda
Need help choosing paint colors.
We have a "lifted" old home that I would like to look...
patsycatrois
AWESOME color resource
So, I really struggle with color. What works together...
nnouza