Don't know what "area rug"
sic82
Hi, i need your help. i have bought 3 area rugs and had to return them back to the store because when rolled it out and laid the next to my furniture it really looked bad and out if place. I have a gray couch and 2 beige chairs and dark hardwood floors. My design idea for my decor is old rustic look. Kinda like restoration hardware designs. Hope this picture helps. Thanks in advance :)
Kitt Haman Design
What a beautiful classic setting! I would suggest a creme/off white cozy rug with some pile ....it could have a large geometric pattern in it to repeat the pattern on coctail table. Or a bold overscaled grey/creme chevron pattern.
2 Likes   January 14, 2013 at 8:14AM
All 4 Show, LLC
I would go with a cream rug with a thick, and high pile as a contrast to the dark floors and furnishings. The look would be fantastic. BTW, love your space! Especially the gallery wall grouping! Good luck...
1 Like   January 14, 2013 at 8:16AM
sic82
Thank you! i would look into some rugs you suggested.
0 Likes   January 14, 2013 at 8:42AM
sic82
That last pic I added it's what I didn't like.
0 Likes   January 14, 2013 at 8:43AM
Wallmark Custom Homes
A nice cream or light grey rug would help brighten it up, or if your feeling brave you can try using a rug with an accent color like a olive green or turquoise blue.
1 Like   January 14, 2013 at 8:52AM
sic82
Here is carpet I have in the pool table room hope this helps for more info thanks
0 Likes   January 14, 2013 at 9:09AM
mpoulsom
Have you seen the thick braided ivory colored rugs? They are gorgeous I think. They may even be from restoration hardware. Can't remember. Or pottery barn. Let me check real quick.
1 Like   January 14, 2013 at 9:14AM
sic82
Mpoulsom: those rugs are beautiful, I was looking into something like that but afraid it might look to modern? For the style I am going with.
0 Likes   January 14, 2013 at 9:35AM
sic82
I forgot to mention, I can't afford a 2-3k rug from restoration hardware. That's why my options narrow down and can't find rugs that look as beautiful as there's lol
1 Like   January 14, 2013 at 9:39AM
mpoulsom
sic82...don't feel bad, neither can i! lol! I don't really think those others are crazy expensive, but i don't think they are too modern either. Have you considered an animal print, or would that be too far out for you? An animal print can be modern or traditional in style, depending on the furnishings.
1 Like   January 14, 2013 at 9:49AM
mpoulsom
here's a couple of animal options...the first one is called Surya Alfresco and the second one is Trans Ocean Seville Zebra from BayAreaRugs.com
2 Likes   January 14, 2013 at 9:58AM
mpoulsom
I also know that IKEA has some reasonably priced rugs, but you have to be able to get to one and then back if you need to return it. I understand your pain....when it comes to rugs. I have a hard time with that sometimes myself.
0 Likes   January 14, 2013 at 10:00AM
sic82
I was thinking something like this ?
1 Like   January 14, 2013 at 10:02AM
Have you shopped online at homedecorators.com? Good selection and prices. My clients have been happy with them. Colors have been true on the computer.
1 Like   January 14, 2013 at 10:07AM
mpoulsom
Are you near a major city? I know in some of the bigger cities there are rug dealers who deal in antique persian and oriental type rugs. I used to have a friend that would trade hers in every now and then when she wanted something different. She would take her rug, which was nice, and go there and switch it out. They had piles and piles of rugs. I am sure they are willing to wheel and deal. And especially now in this economy!
1 Like   January 14, 2013 at 10:13AM
sic82
Mpoulsom: yes I live in the San Francisco Bay Area,
0 Likes   January 14, 2013 at 10:28AM
mpoulsom
There ya go!!! I used to go with her to some little place in Berkeley!! HA!
1 Like   January 14, 2013 at 10:43AM
mpoulsom
Another place you may want to check out is the Marin County Flea Market...if it's still happening? I used to live in the bay area. I found a small but very cool antique rug there one time. I haven't lived there in 15 years, so I don't really know what's happening around there now. :(
1 Like   January 14, 2013 at 10:46AM
sic82
Mpoulsom: that's cool ill check out that flea market maybe this weekend lol. I love the Bay Area
0 Likes   January 14, 2013 at 10:49AM
pasinclair42
I think you definitely need some color in this house. How about a geometric design ? Personally, I'd love to see a zebra rug under that coffee table. From the picture it looks like brown everywhere. Bring in some blues, rusty orange, patterns in your accessories to pump it up. You're almost there, just bring in some bright pillows. Yes, definitely a zebra rug under the coffee table. Your Wow factor. In the dining area it could be geometric with blue in it. Mpoulson above has a nice geometric rug with blue in it that might work. Get some great baskets for the floor to soften the sharp edges. Zebra rug it is!!! Do you have a Home Goods in your area. They get the best accessories in plus have rugs and pillows. Great job on your picture gallery. Color and a little more fun is all you need, then you're done!!!
0 Likes   January 14, 2013 at 2:04PM
Leopard print is neutral and "sassy, classy"...Check out this rug...

0 Likes   January 14, 2013 at 2:12PM
white color for trim
staircase and railings stained Jacobean new woodwork...
ctrocco
help picking out cabinet colors
I have all black appliances. The cabinets need to...
jandougc
room
if ur room is too bright wat color palette will u think...
aaliya2122
Help finding dining room chairs.
I'm in love this crate and barrel como side chair....
Jenny Gan
guys bedroom
looking to redo sons bedroom. in his 20's need a nice...
myboysrule