Need advice for bedroom
jamieeedwards
Looking for ideas on how to complete the look of this bedroom. Mainly looking for ideas on curtains and pictures/art for above the bed.
jamieeedwards
Any ideas?
   January 16, 2013 at 8:42PM
Manon Floreat
I like the matchstick blinds and think layering panels over them in a print in the same color family as your wall color would give the room a bit more interest. A floral would tie in with your throw pillow. For above the bed, consider a sunburst mirror in gold to repeat the gold of your picture frames.

What's under the table cloths? You might want to consider them uncovered.
1 Like   January 16, 2013 at 8:55PM
Tres McKinney Design
I like how the match stick blinds, lamp shades and headboard's natural color warm up the blue walls.You might consider floor length curtain panels that draw over the match stick shades at night. A stripe or pattern similar to the rectangular pillow on the bed wold tie the blue, tan and white color scheme together and create pattern interest. Replace the skirted table nearest the window with a table or small chest of drawers the same height as the skirted table on the opposite side of the bed. Otherwise the room will be fabric heavy with curtains, skirted side tables, upholstered headboard and duvet. If you want to keep one skirted table I would skirt that table that is left in the same fabric as the curtains. This will help balance the the curtain fabric.. A sunburst mirror like Manon recommends would work well over the bed. A bold striped blue and white or tan and white wallpaper would also be striking.
   January 16, 2013 at 9:13PM
jamieeedwards
Thanks so much for the advice! Considering that i have a large mirror on the opposite wall of the bed (see the 2nd attached picture) would you still recommend another mirror above the bed?
   January 17, 2013 at 6:47AM
jamieeedwards
I was also planning to put a seagrass rug in the room.
   January 17, 2013 at 6:53AM
michigammemom
Your pretty room suggests a coastal style. How about a couple of framed photographs that echo the blue and tan colors you have in the room?
1 Like   January 17, 2013 at 7:20AM
Jean Tuck
I as well like the girls room but for adults a nice bedspread I found was silk like with brocade flowers and urns in the design on ot and I have gold drapes I bought awhile ago, so those items cost 29.00 for spread and drapes from giant tiger cost 10.00 for each panel x4 walls are blue, trim is white and carpet navy, four small wing chair I want to cover with gold sheet so I can wash it just have to figure if will be similar pattern of drape or spread in gold. Just my humble reno.
Total costs to include a sheet may be = 90.00 $plus tax after that.Will submit picture when camera is charged.
   January 17, 2013 at 7:29AM
Aja Mazin
Very nice
   January 17, 2013 at 7:36AM
Blinds Direct Canada
I would recommend a Room darkening Roman Shade it would look fabulous on that window and it will really block out the sunlight when needed. This product is also available with a Top down bottom up option which is also great depending on your budget.
http://www.blindsdirectcanada.com/blinds-toronto/roman-blinds.html
   January 18, 2013 at 1:06PM
need advice on choosing window treatment for bedroom windows
We are considering putting wood shutters in our bedroom...
Need bedroom advice!
I'm moving house in June and I really need a solution...
Need guest bedroom advice
Our Opera singer (no really) has moved out leaving...
Need advice on best master bedroom/bathroom/walk-in-closet layout
Looking for advice on how to best layout a master bedroom/bathroom...
Help with Bedroom Layout!! Advice Needed
I have attached two floor plans. One lay-out was done...
Help with coffee table
Hi. I want to replace my coffee table. Can you please...
Using Grantie as a backsplash: What do you think?
Hi Houzzers!! So am I curious as to what you think...
Update my foyer please!
Our home was built in 1900 and is a classic American...
Please help me design my living room.
I am attempting to plan a remodel of my living room...