Designer Black Floating Glass Kitchen: How Do Designers put this look together?
designideas4me
January 15, 2013 in Polls
I asked Jenn air to send me the specs on this kitchen on their web site. Its amazing to me how many different colors and materials they chose to put this together. It must take tons of experience and talent to be able to be a great designer. Of course unlimited money doesn't hurt when designing a kitchen for a manufactures website. My question is: How would you rate this kitchen? Is it

a) unique and beautiful.....too expensive as it is shown
b) love it but too expensive..try to duplicate it with similar less expensive materials but same colors and patterns
c) pretty but a little too much going on..use same color scheme but tone it down with less variations of materials and colors

d) not my taste or looks like its too trendy and will go out of style fast.
e I would not spend money for those high end appliances but the rest of the kitchen is nice.
f) I think the high end appliances are worth the investment but the italian cabinets and materials are too expensive ..get less expensive cabinets but use these appliances.

Really this question applies to any inspirational kitchen one might see...............How do you modify it to suit you? Feel free to elaborate.

http://jennair.com/galleries/kitchens

I hope the picture is large enough to see. You can also view on the website link above ... under Black floating glass designer kitchen.

Here are the specs that jennair sent me..wow...

I posted this also to let others know that this is a good way to see exactly what was used if you see something you like..(just like on Houzz)

Countertops:
Designer White by DuPont Corian
Custom Walnut Table by Woodland Creek Furniture, Inc.
Mystic Black by DuPont Zodiaq

Flooring:
Tissue Gold (V56234011) by Porcelanosa

Tile Backsplash:
Duo Cristal Moka (P31452031) by Porcelonosa
Cubica Marfil (V13899341) by Porcelonosa

Paint:
Sparrow (AF-720) by Benjamin Moore
Cedar Key (OC-16) by Benjamin Moore
AW52088 by Fusion Art Works
York (B5665P6X56) by Stacy Garcia, Inc.

Faucet:
Arezzo Brushed Chrome Faucet (LK 7220) by Elkay

Sinks:
Avado Sink by Elkay
Custom Vaso Sink by DuPont Corian

Decorative Hardware:
Steel Handgrips (2919 2) by Scavolini

Lighting:
Puck Lights by Hafele
Chocolate/Lime Coco Pendants by Stonegate Designs
a...........
b............
c.............
d............
e..............
f....................
I voted D. I really like the look of it, but it isn't my style for my own house.
February 4, 2013 at 1:55pm   
designideas4me
Glad you commented. I forgot this post since I have started a few since. why did so many vote that its too trendy and will go out of style? Than again many cant relate to my house since its not cookie cutter to match the others in the neighborhood but those are boring if you ask me. I like unique. I am now thinking about this style..what do you think?
http://www.houzz.com/leicht
February 4, 2013 at 2:02pm   
Paradise Restored Landscaping & Exterior Design
Possibly C - looked at the link kitchens and they semed more cohesive - this one is losing me - I am not drawn in - ARE YOU? Wondered what you thought - Usually i see myself in the kitchen and in this photo I cant see where I fit !
February 4, 2013 at 2:06pm   
Custom Home Planning Center
yes a little too cold and stark. I'm a mid century modern fan and am doing a prairies style house next, but would add wood to the ceiling white cedar with a smi transparent white stain.
February 4, 2013 at 2:07pm   
designideas4me
paradise.............it was the kitchen on the jenn air website..............and those are my appliances. i wouldnt necessarily design the kitchen in that layout but more so use the color scheme and cabinet style.

Custom home.. I dont have money for wood on the ceiling. I am trying just to find a line of cabinets to go with my appliances and a color scheme and somehow make it affordable...which is not easy. ideas?
February 4, 2013 at 2:29pm   
countbla
D for sure. This kitchen was designed for a picture in a catalog/web site, notice how ALL the Jenn Air products were purposely installed to face the camera rather than be in their logical spot, most obvious being the dishwasher... Imagine trying to actually cook in that layout. Overall I love JA appliances (I have a black glassfront slide-in range waiting for my new kitchen) but I suspect the angled hood fan will look dated in a few years.
February 10, 2013 at 11:49am     
designideas4me
Well I guess for me the question was more about using the color scheme with the black appliances. I dont have the fan since I dont have an outside vent at all. But I am looking for ideas on modern cabinets as to the brand and color and affordability for me.
February 10, 2013 at 6:04pm   
designideas4me
Your right about the positioning of the appliances in all of the jenn air kitchen models on the site... now that you made me aware of that... they do look out of place.
February 10, 2013 at 6:09pm   
kitchen backsplash - votes for color and size
Which is the best option for my kitchen backsplash?...
Outdoor color scheme
We want to add some curb appeal to the front of our...
Coffee Table suggestion
We need a coffee table in the living room to go with...
Please critique my floorplan
This will be a 2 stories mountain house. Floor plans...
Need ideas for tile in shower
Redoing shower. Looking for white ceramic tile desughnsb...