Need color ideas
jonjon712
Open floor plan like benj Moore need help for color not a fan of dark
jonjon712
Also a color for kitchen thru archway
January 16, 2013 at 6:41pm   
collettec
I saw your other post and was going to comment on it with the taupe and the red that you have and the Benjamin Moore colors that you were thinking of with the Winchester Sage and the Kingspoint Gray. Both the taupe and red that you have now and the Winchester Sage and Kingsport Gray that you were thinking of look too dark to me. I think I would go a number of shades lighter and might consider for instance, something like Benjamin Moore's most popular gray which is Revere Pewter as a neutral paint color. Given that you have not installed your kitchen, not sure what your furniture colors are, you might want to choose, if you haven't already, your cabinets, flooring, counters and backsplash first, so that you could more easily pull a color from what you'll be installing. The same is true of your furnishings and things like art, which often you can pull a color from. Think you're on the right track with the idea of something like the sage and gray having colors that are close in color given how close the rooms are together, but think you're choices are too dark. Good luck!
January 16, 2013 at 6:51pm     
jonjon712
I like the revere pewter but what would u do in the kitchen I have cherry cabs and I can work around that
January 16, 2013 at 6:59pm   
collettec
Do you know what your countertops, flooring and backsplash will be in the kitchen?
January 16, 2013 at 7:09pm     
jjandhk
wow! I see something bright and colorful! Red stair posts and railings...orange kitchen walls .... chartreuse center wall-thingy!
January 16, 2013 at 7:15pm   
jonjon712
Emzc hardwood floor like a honey color light countertop laminate
January 16, 2013 at 7:15pm   
collettec
Two other lighter Benjamin Moore neutrals to consider would be silver sage and penthouse. Not sure where you are in the process of installation, but I think it makes it a lot easier to get everything installed first, eg: flooring, cabinets, counter, tile and then get paint samples so that you can check them against all of the other items, since it's often difficult to tell without checking it on site and next to all of the different items in the room. Looks like a lovely space to work with. Good luck!
January 16, 2013 at 7:31pm     
Need ideas - Bought a furnished condo - color ideas?
I love the condo and the way it is furnished but I...
Desperate idea needs for color scheme and wall color suggetions
Hello everyone, We just moved in our new built house...
Need wall color, blinds color/curtain and decorating ideas for Master
Master bedroom has white walls and paper blinds. I...
Need wall color and drapery color ideas dining room
Just recovered chairs and got Seagrams rug. Put in...
Any downside to succulents on a verandah?
What has been your experience in planting succulents?...
Master Bath with NO storage!!??!
We just bought a new house and have a lovely master...
Need help for my small foyer
I really need help with my foyer. It's quite small,...
Bedroom Color Scheme
A teen girl with a tiny bedroom is in need of a change....
tile help to match white cabinets, bianco anitco granite,
Hi there so i went with white cabinets, bianco antico...