Is this countertop honed marble
millen
January 17, 2013 in Photo Questions
Had planned to change from my current dark granite kitchen countertop to a super white granite (in Australia, this is grey patterns on a white background but can vary from pale to dark grey in patches). I love this countertop but I do a lot of heavy-duty Asian cooking with strong spices for curries, etc - and would not want a high maintenance countertop which stains easily. Have been advised that darker granite tends to be harder and less porous (and stains less visible).
I understand that Super white granite is actually a dolomite mainly sourced from Brazil. Currently supply seems to be scarce - most available slabs I have seen are too dark grey and looks too busy with swirls rather than stony outlines.
May I please trouble for your experience with this stone - would love to see pictures of super white granite countertops. Am thinking seriously about reverting to using a darker granite again for my new kitchen countertop for practicality and low maintenance use.
many thanks
European Woodcraft
Yes, this is honed carrera. I do not recommend using this as it stains, chips, scars, etc. Not a great surface for heavy use especially if you're a red wine drinker. Calcutta however, is a much better alternative which has a similar appearance to Carrera. Good luck with your project!
January 18, 2013 at 7:04AM   
dining room and living room
How to choose the size of a rug?
Is it possible to have a comfortably warm basement?
The past two homes I've lived in, the basement was...
Kitchen remodel
I need your help! Our home is in a rural area surrounded...
What to do with this nook?
Our kitchen and family room was designed by an architect...
Help with interior trim
I have a 1970's ranch style home full of a early american...