Is this countertop honed marble
millen
January 17, 2013 in Photo Questions
Had planned to change from my current dark granite kitchen countertop to a super white granite (in Australia, this is grey patterns on a white background but can vary from pale to dark grey in patches). I love this countertop but I do a lot of heavy-duty Asian cooking with strong spices for curries, etc - and would not want a high maintenance countertop which stains easily. Have been advised that darker granite tends to be harder and less porous (and stains less visible).
I understand that Super white granite is actually a dolomite mainly sourced from Brazil. Currently supply seems to be scarce - most available slabs I have seen are too dark grey and looks too busy with swirls rather than stony outlines.
May I please trouble for your experience with this stone - would love to see pictures of super white granite countertops. Am thinking seriously about reverting to using a darker granite again for my new kitchen countertop for practicality and low maintenance use.
many thanks
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
European Woodcraft
Yes, this is honed carrera. I do not recommend using this as it stains, chips, scars, etc. Not a great surface for heavy use especially if you're a red wine drinker. Calcutta however, is a much better alternative which has a similar appearance to Carrera. Good luck with your project!
January 18, 2013 at 7:04AM   
More Discussions
dining room and living room
How to choose the size of a rug?
Is it possible to have a comfortably warm basement?
The past two homes I've lived in, the basement was...
Kitchen remodel
I need your help! Our home is in a rural area surrounded...
What to do with this nook?
Our kitchen and family room was designed by an architect...
Help with interior trim
I have a 1970's ranch style home full of a early american...
© 2014 Houzz Inc.
Houzz® The new way to design your home™