How to design this hearth?

jdkrebsJanuary 17, 2013
Our home is transitional / modern. We wanted to do hearth, but gas guy but gas line into wall where hearth would wrap to wall. What should I do? Just bring hearth straight out squared - which would leave small useless space between hearth and walls-- if we take hearth out to walls, they'll have to create a lower edge on sections near wall so gas line is available?
Second dilemma - room will be beige/ gray with gray and white bedding-- crime to gray carpet-- fairly large master bedroom- window is to the left.
TanCalGal
2 ideas 4 U.
Would a semi-circle work? Some don't bother with hearths.
Carolina Room · More Info
2001 showcase · More Info
Rustic Modern Kitchen and Family Room · More Info
    Bookmark   January 19, 2013 at 7:14PM
Ironwood Builders
You can drop the hearth below the level of the gas key. The height of the hearth is not determined by the firebox...it's gas. If you want a hearth for sitting, try a combination of heights, stair step the sides to maintain access to the gas key and and keep the hearth high in the center. The stair step could wrap around the front of the hearth as well, giving it a reason to exist (beyond the aforementioned gas key). Of course...you can always call the plumber back and have them rework the gas line, repair the drywall and then the hearth will be where and how you want it...I think you have about half a leg to stand on to get abetter deal from the guy that put it in wrong in the first place.
    Bookmark   January 19, 2013 at 7:38PM
Wallpaper opinion?
Wallpaper accent wall in foyer just done today but...
Angela Zagari_Platt
Our master Bathroom from scratch
We have a huge space for a master bathroom. The toilet...
Greg And Elizabeth Hurlbutt
Design ideas wanted for this side of house outdoor space.
Hi We need some design advice/ideas for the small garden...
mikeamo
Family Room paint help
I am trying to come up with a paint palette for my...
blovebug
Master bath wall
Hi, I have a huge master bath wall on one side facing...
parupudi