Barstool indecision
smugsy1122
I have been searching for barstools for 6 months now for use at my kitchen island. We are currently using a cheap set of saddle stools that are slowing breaking down and forcing me to make a decision.

I first thought backless because I liked the stools to disappear completely under the counter overhang and out of the flow of traffic. Then I thought a low profile back would work also, but I still want to have as efficient of a kitchen as I can have, so I wanted adjustable.

I found these tonight at a local HomeGoods and they have them in either black or gray. I brought one home to "audition" it and I'm torn. It is comfy, adjustable and swivel - all requirements.

When my boyfriend first saw it, he said that it reminded him of a barber chair and looked like it belonged in a diner. The metals downstairs are a mix of oil bronze on all of the light fixtures and polished nickel on the cupboard hardware and sink faucet (Plus stainless steel appliances.) Is the shiny silver too much? Is it too out of place?
Joseph Said
Like them, prefer the black ones though
January 18, 2013 at 2:50pm   
Classic Designs by Brook
i agree with Joseph, but would need to see the adjoining room for design style. here is another option
January 18, 2013 at 3:11pm   
smugsy1122
For the adjoining room, here's a thread on my decorating of it:
http://www.houzz.com/discussions/222533/Family-Room-design
January 18, 2013 at 4:27pm   
kimdee24
I like it but it seems overly modern in comparison to the furniture in your family room.
January 18, 2013 at 7:51pm   
lindalblock
The lower back, or no back, make a room larger and take up less space.
January 18, 2013 at 8:03pm   
Interiors International, Inc.
I like them, even more if they are comfortable enough to sit on for at least an hour. Either color is good with me. They do not look like barber chairs or diner stools.
January 18, 2013 at 8:08pm   
G3 Studios Decorative Painting
Functionally, I'd say stick to the no backs so they can disappear under counter. I went through exact situation and even though I preferred the chairs with backs, my kitchen just wasn't big enough to pull it off. The scale was all wrong and looked forced. If you do lean towards something with back i think the boyfriend might be right. Saying it looks like a barber chair might be his less than sensitive but still accurate assessment that the chair just doesn't fit the room stylistically. As a previous poster noticed, it's a little too modern for overall feel. I like the style that Brook suggested though if that's an option. Sometimes having the back might mean you can't have as many stools in the same space. Good luck and keep us posted!
January 18, 2013 at 8:10pm   
Rug & Nightstand indecision
We finally are in a house where we have a bedroom big...
Indecisive
I want to do a pebble tile accent wall to go with the...
Buying family room furniture: Torn by indecision
I've been waiting for a while now to purchase new family...
Lounge room indecision - please help!
We have recently bought a house in country Victoria,...
Master bedroom, big space, indecisive
We have some great furniture pieces in our master bedroom,...
Should girls have less pink in their bedrooms/lives?
I am trying to decide whether to paint my young daughter's...
new house need decor ideas and how to remodel kitchen
My husband and I just bought a new house we really...
Ideas
Anyone have advice what color schemes for bedding and...
Hiding the well head and curb appeal please!
This is a lake house. It sits close to the road as...
color dilemma
Would paint color night train or tempest by Benjamin...