Wall color for master bedroom?
krystigomm88January 18, 2013
The Seligman
I'm wanting to design our master bedroom to look just like this, except I was wondering if BM's Shaker Beige or a similar wall color would look ok. The second pic is of the Shaker Beige...

houzz=Nicolas' space
Cynthia Taylor-Luce
You want it to look like the first picture but you're considering the colour of the second picture? I do not recommend Shaker Beige unless you have to have it because, for instance, it tones perfectly with your carpeting.

If you want your room to look like the first picture, I would suggest Benjamin Moore SPA AF-435. It's not likely exactly the one the designer used, but it does look like the picture. The photography and your monitor both can make colours look different from the original paint. SPA is a gorgeous colour though and I'd use a white like COTTON BALLS OC-122 for the trim.
1 Like    Bookmark   January 18, 2013 at 9:04PM
Maison Pompeii Antiques and Interiors
The color you chose is going to depend on the amount of light in the room. In the first picture there is an abundance of light while in the second there is only one window. Try both colors on the wall and look at them throughout the day including lamp light.. Only then can you make the right choice.
2 Likes    Bookmark   January 19, 2013 at 1:39AM
Cynthia Taylor-Luce
Good point. Also, do you already have your bedding? If not, buy that first, and choose paint that works with it.
2 Likes    Bookmark   January 19, 2013 at 7:38AM
krystigomm88
There is not quite as much light, but there are three decent sized windows that are south facing. So it gets a reasonable amount of light. I am going to sew my own bedding, that looks almost exactly like this, since I cannot find what I want already made. Can you recommend a shade of green like this one? They have so many colors, it's hard to choose! I've never painted a room green before, so I don't want something too outrageous, something soft and warm like this would be perfect. Thanks for the help by the way...
    Bookmark   January 19, 2013 at 7:44AM
Cynthia Taylor-Luce
I did specify a green above! Please scroll back!

You're very welcome. Good luck.
    Bookmark   January 19, 2013 at 7:45AM
krystigomm88
Oh, it must be my monitor, it looked beige to me. Thanks again!
    Bookmark   January 19, 2013 at 7:55AM
Cynthia Taylor-Luce
No problem. You've just made a great point. People "see" colours in houzz photos and ask all the time what paint colour was used. It can be quite a surprise, because the colour they are seeing on the moniter is not the same as the actual paint colour. Best to use houzz photos for inspiration only and try to match the colour you "see" which you like.
1 Like    Bookmark   January 19, 2013 at 8:07AM
wall color
does anyone know what is the wall color in this master...
moniczka55
Master Bedroom and Bath Wall Color
Should the wall color in the master bedroom and master...
lynn2miller
Need help with color for my Master Bedroom?
I bought a new bedroom ensemble which is taupe in color...
Lynn Babin Fontaine
madatyana
lecasee
2 story room with upper and lower windows.
Drapery on lower only? How would that look? Need advice....
Jamie Smith
Kitchen update. SOS
Desperate need of some ideas. Budget kitchen update...
mw340
Need help for my entry way
We had this painting commissioned and while the painting...
mersmck
Help decorate my mantel!
I'd love some ideas on how to decorate my mantel, and...
kristajk