Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cladams45

This was our before kitchen and then our kitchen we planned and did ourselves.

cladams45
11 years ago
Galley kitchen but have a view of the sound, which we couldn't see because of the low cabinets. Kitchen too small and dining room too big for two people. We love how it turned out. Now wondering if I should put door pulls on or leave it.

Comments (18)

• onthefence
    11 years ago
    Beautiful transformation! The upper cabinets that overhang peninsulas are something that just never works in my opinion.

Congratulations on a beautiful kitchen and the bonus view you get now.
  • Virginia Hindman
    11 years ago
    I love looking at all the redos on all the houses.
  • marlav9
    11 years ago
    It looks great! I do think some pulls would complete the look. Nice work!
  • PRO
    Plan Design Decorate
    11 years ago
    Wow! What a transformation!
  • Amy Thompson
    11 years ago
    Nice job! Love your backsplash!
  • abbshel
    11 years ago
    I think pulls would give your kitchen a more finished look. Find some that don't project too much from the cabinets.
    Beautiful transformation!
  • PRO
    Christopher James Interiors
    11 years ago
    Good move on removing the upper cabinets...it really opens up the space. Love the materials you selected too!
  • csj953
    11 years ago
    I like that people post REAL life renos.We aren't all designers.Good job. I just posted mine as well
  • amikanna
    11 years ago
    Yes you should buy some nice pulls for the cabinets to finish your kitchen..
  • Sally
    11 years ago
    love to see someone who does it themselves and when it looks this great its even better.
  • PRO
    movenready properties, LLC
    11 years ago
    Beautiful job! Definitely put on some hardware. Something in a oil rubbed bronze finish would look great.
  • PRO
    Reico Kitchen & Bath
    11 years ago
    Night & day! Great decision to remove the upper cabinets on the peninsula as mentioned by Christopher James Interiors above!
  • PRO
    Paradise Restored Landscaping & Exterior Design
    11 years ago
    This is such a great job! You two are pretty amazing - do like your ideas and your work! Handles are nice - the suggestions already given are spot-on - take your time and find what you really like - enjoy your new kitchen and view!
  • kobley
    11 years ago
    Handles also keep wood doors looking better longer.
  • hparks74
    11 years ago
    Wondering how your stove location is working? Just gutted home and we are thinking of same concept...
  • cladams45
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    hparks74 - we love the location of the stove now. We like to entertain and this way while my husband is cooking we can watch and talk to him. It's great. Thank you all for your comments - looks like I will be bringing some pulls home and playing with what I like. :)
  • Amy Thompson
    11 years ago
    Beautiful! I would recommend the door pulls-I haven't had them for a long time and its annoying!! We are putting a slide in oven and vent just like yours- it looks great!!