Small appliances dilemma.
marykay88
January 19, 2013 in Design Dilemma
I'm adding a 95" counter I'm my kitchen area and will use granite countertop and cabinets blow and above. I need to include a microwave in this area and thought the microwave door would be nice but am concerned about spills and how low it will be for my husband who is 6'1". I'd like to put regular microwave above but don't think it will look as nice and may be too high for me (5'4"). Also want to add under counter refrigerator. Debating among wine frig, beverage center or frig. Tough choice. I want it all in small space.
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
marykay88
Sorry about typos above. I meant microwave drawer.
January 19, 2013 at 1:09pm   
Nancy Hehmann
If you think the microwave would be too low (which I know mine is), would it be possible to shorten the counter and do a built in microwave in an are between the upper and lower cabinet. Maybe you could then put a warming drawer underneath. I have another great appliance you might want to consider. A trash compactor - have been using them for years and years and love them. I dont even bother to buy reg compactor bags - just heavy duty trash bags. Makes the trash neater and you dont have to empty as often. Trash is all in a drawer- cant be turned over or gotten into.
January 19, 2013 at 1:29pm   
PRO
Marie Hebson's interiorsBYDESIGN Inc.
Have your husband go to the cabinetry show room, and see how low he feels is uncomfortable.
Then work along side your cabinetry designer to come up with the best solution. On here, its always best to work with photographs and / or elevations, to help guide you with the very best solution. Good Luck.
January 19, 2013 at 1:42pm