Options for new bedding
uhoh_busted
January 20, 2013 in Design Dilemma
We are repainting (well, having it repainted) our MBR and in the market for new bedding. Living in a southerly climate, we do not need a big comforter-type cover. My husband prefers having a lightweight quilt which can be used when it is cold (about 2 months out of the year) as a top cover for warmth. It should be washable.

The new paint color is a soft green-blue (more blue than green, and with more pigment/depth of color than my camera shots seem to show). Personally, I consider it quite neutral. While we use the color as an accent downstairs in our house, It will be the main color in the MBR upstairs; so while downstairs we have terra cotta and purple in the scheme, I think I could use an amber-gold in the MBR. In fact, I would LOVE to use that as the main bedding color, as it looks wonderful with the paint and my window treatments. Unfortunately, I've not seen much in the stores OR on-line that offers what I really want. Any suggestions?
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
uhoh_busted
Oh -- and also some rug options. We have gorgeous hardwoods, but would like either 3 small rugs (on either side and across the foot of the bed) or a larger area rug. The room is a very generous size.
January 20, 2013 at 12:42PM   
judianna20
Could you give a name of the paint color, please?
January 20, 2013 at 12:55PM   
michigammemom
You might consider a washable duvet cover from Pottery Barn and a light-weight comforter/ insert that is suitable for your warmer climate. I like the honey color found in this one.
January 20, 2013 at 1:04PM   
uhoh_busted
The paint color we WILL be using is a custom shade based on a blue/green named Pepper Tree, and we have lightened it by 25%. http://www.myperfectcolor.com/en/color/78557_ICI-1108-Pepper-Tree#prettyPhoto/0/ It looks more blue in our room, based on the sample we painted on a large board.

The color of our walls currently is what the entire interior was painted by the previous owner/builder in about 2004. It is a light gray-beige. We had a similar color gray walls in our previous home for over 20 years, and are TIRED of it, even though it appears to be quite popular lately.
January 20, 2013 at 5:36PM   
uhoh_busted
These are some fabric scraps I've pulled -- if it turns out I need to make my own duvet cover --which show the paint with the golds I'm looking at. The Pottery Barn pic michigammemom suggested is another possibility. I also saw something in a recent PB catalogue, so I'll be checking those out.
January 21, 2013 at 7:43AM