Paint colour help or ?
blondish1
My walls are BM bluff 338. I started painting BM stone white. It makes the tile surround look very yellow. What do I Do with the fireplace wall. I can reprint back to Bluff or another colour. I have recently added blue grey to the room with a rug but don't think I want to paint the wall that Colour. I had thought a lighter white but now not so sure.
Love your room. That fireplace is wonderful. Did you decide on a paint color? Would love to see how it turned out!
February 28, 2013 at 11:25am   
macrury
I would paint fireplace wall same as the others, Bluff 338..it has a very professional, classic look and the fireplace does all the talking.
February 28, 2013 at 11:32am   
blondish1
I did here is an updated Pic
February 28, 2013 at 11:42am     
blondish1
I painted the tiles around the FP as well - others were yellow looking.
February 28, 2013 at 11:42am     
dianahb
I only just saw this and was going to suggest that you paint that wall a deep gray color to go with the bluffs color. That looks perfect. I really like it. Very dramatic (in a good way).
February 28, 2013 at 11:53am   
blondish1
thanks so much, I am not usually a fan of feature walls, but I do like this one and yes dramatic is a good word.
February 28, 2013 at 12:14pm     
Marie Hebson's interiorsBYDESIGN Inc.
Hello blondish1, Marie here.

What's happened is your new paint colour has a bit of green undertone in it and it's making the cherry fire surround a richer tone -which is now reflecting on your travertine tiles.

The key to making this successful without painting again is to pick up a toss cushion with both yellow, cherry, trim and BM bluff 338 tones in it. Find a gorgeous bowl, or candles with the yellow/cream from your fireplace tiles - bring that colour along with the bluff 338 into the room - and it will look much, much better!

Accessorizing with these colours in mind will make this successful paint choice.
Don't put objects on your hearth - it looks cluttery - go big, bold, purposeful.
It is more old-fashioned to simply put a knick knac on an empty shelf. Display like with like and make your collections a statement. The items you have there now are proportionately incorrect for the size of the fireplace.

Some photos of master design schemes I've done utilizing similar colour palette - Good Luck!
February 28, 2013 at 12:23pm   
dianahb
Marie,

Are you talking about the new latest photo blondish has shown, or the original paint? This latest photo looks perfect to me. You must be talking about the original photos? I think the dark gray she's used, which-- on my monitor-- looks like it has a slight deep blue to it-- looks spectacular. And I rather like the 3 bowls-- the minimalism of that-- which also echo the circles in the fireplace. So I have to believe your comment is based on the original post, not the update?
February 28, 2013 at 12:50pm   
Ole Fredrickson & Son
I like that the mirror frame is in the same tone as the back wall!
February 28, 2013 at 1:00pm   
Need help with door colours for room painted in yellowishcream colour
I am renovating my room and is stuck on the question...
Colour?? Help! what colour do i paint this room
I'm about to move house and this is my new room. A...
Please help with roof colour and colours to paint house.
Hello. I am getting another asphalt shingle roof. Not...
help picking paint colour to go with duvet colour
Http://images.nitrosell.com/product_images/8/1788/large-pique-nique%20bedlam.jpg I'm...
What color should I paint this small bedroom?
Main floor is getting painted next week. Mostly SW...
Need help picking out countertops!
I am in the middle of a kitchen remodel and could really...
NEED HELP TO DESIGN KIDSROOM
HI, I HAVE 8 YEAR OLD HYPERACTIVE AND PLAY FULL SON....
Pls Help me choose colors (#2)
Hello there - Moving into a new home. Quick facts,...
Windows frames
We are replacing our home windows and sliding doors...