What to do about doors?
vschultz
Hello everyone!
I have a modern high-rise condo in LA and don't know what to do about the doors. I have white walls. In the foyer and hallway to the bedrooms, there are 6-7 visible doors, some of which open into bedrooms and bathrooms. I decided to paint the very plain baseboards and door jambs a satin white enamel to blend with the white walls, and have the doors themselves "pop" by painting them a dark charcoal/black in semi-gloss. The dilemma is that if I paint the back sides of the doors this dark color, I will have black doors in all my bathrooms and bathrooms. The bathrooms have carrera marble tiles, but I'm afraid black doors will limit my options for paint or wallpaper colors, esp. with the white jams, because any dark colored walls (such as grey) may look "stripey" with grey walls/white jambs/black doors.
I'm not certain I want to be stuck with dark doors in all these rooms, so I'm trying to decide whether to paint the door faces in the other rooms white to give me more flexibility for wall colors or papers in those rooms down the road. Has anyone done this? I haven't seen examples of it on the site. I'm afraid that when the doors are open, they will look "stripy" from inside the bedrooms with black on one side and white on the other.
Should I just stick with dark entry doors in the bathrooms and bedrooms instead? If the latter, can I still paint the sliders white in those rooms?
I would really appreciate any advice!
Thanks,
VS
PH Interiors, LLC
I think all that "pop" might drive you crazy in the end - lol. I would just paint all the doors and trim the same white. If you want some pop, try some color on the hallway walls or hang some fabulous artwork.
   January 21, 2013 at 11:56AM
I agree with PH that life will be easier and happier for you with white doors to match your trim.
   January 21, 2013 at 12:13PM
What should we do about the bathroom closet doors?
We are remodeling our 80's bathroom and will update...
What to do about dated/old door hinges
Our house is 40 years old. Need to replace old and...
Stuck on What to Do About Door
I've been debating for months on how to handle this...
What do you think about using a vintage door as wainscoting?
I am considering using an old door, like the one pictured,...
Help with Curb Appeal!
The siding is not changing (seen on 2nd level). What...
It's not easy being green. (Or 80's-styled)
There are 80's verde marble tiles and brass touches...
need help with stairs ( exterior) leading to front porch
Want 5' tread ( 4 of them), 3 stringers, not sure about...
Living room design
I need to know what to do behind the sofa? Is the mirror...
To put a divider between the living and dining room or not?
Hi! I would like to seek for your advice for the following...