shannonscalici

Puzzled

shannonscalici
11 years ago
What to put on the wall next to the tv?

Comments (36)

• Laura Hill
    11 years ago
    Why don't you frame the TV like it was a picture and add sconces on the sides
  • PRO
    Carolyn C. Interior Decorator, Brampton, ON.
    11 years ago
    I'm with Carolyn. Would even consider a console with two ottoman below in a great fabric which can be used for additional seating as required and provide softness and texture to the area. It would also help draw your eye away from the TV when not in use.
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    Or somethingvery low with custom cushions on top. It's difficult for me to see the colours but these will give you an idea.
  • shannonscalici
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    Could I keep the end table if I did a bench or cushion top? I would hate the end table to go to waste. What about the walls? The colors in the room are blue black silver grey and some purple.
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    Can you move the end table to the other side? looks to me like there is room on the left side of the sofa looking at it from the back. Here are more images
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    Sort of what it could look like. Can't straighten out the console on this computer.
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    last modified: 11 years ago
    I would also consider hanging your panels a bit higher and let them hang straight, on a more sturdy rod. It could just be the image, but it looks like the rod bends down at the ends. Your console could actually extend right out to even with the back of both sofas and if you like thing symmetrical you could put a taller lamp, floor lamp or sculputure on either end. It's very difficult to tell from the photos, but we're trying :-)
  • shannonscalici
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    How did you do that!? That looks great! I just always get nervous because the room to right has big pictures and I'm afraid of doing to much.
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    Ah, that's what I mean. It's difficult to make recommendations without seeing the full picture.

Then, what about this. Carolyn is usually right on the money :-)
  • carole
    11 years ago
    use the open storage unit you have behind the sofa under the tv and put the sidetable behind your sofa for now to try out Carolyn C suggestion and see how you like the space, then decide on what will work best for you,i like the long consoletable it would look great in the space you have
  • shannonscalici
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    I like that a lot! Not sure where I would put side table.
  • mothergoosemc4
    11 years ago
    In Your Space Get TV Framed, use floor or ceiling track lighting. I am guessing your a guy .Pull from TV frame go to hobby lobby and get sports mag and game cards framed in same colors you will need 6 of aggravating sizes largest at the bottom to smallest at inward angel toward tv. track lighting angled on frames when TV is Off. total cost about 300 dollars. jack and Jess the man cave experts.
  • PRO
    Carolyn Albert-Kincl, ASID
    11 years ago
    End tables make great night stands.
  • shannonscalici
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    Carolyn C can I ask what do you think about my other post? Getting new wall pictures soon but rug ?
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    o, I'd line up the top of the draperies with the tope of the window to the left of the TV then this may sound bizzare but what about a strong vertical panel of black or very dark gray that runs the width of the console below the TV and up, with the two tall lamps. That would give you height, and make the TV less prominent when it's off. And a great fabric for the cushion top, or ottomans if you go with a console and ottomans beneath. Both would look good, matter of personal preference.
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    If I'm honest, it's very safe :-) What would you like to accomplish in this space?
  • shannonscalici
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    I wanted a clean looking room I'm not good at mixing colors, I just bought the rug so I can get a diff. One I was thinking maybe chevron or something ivory and navy ? I don't want to have to get all new things but want to spice it up.
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    See what happens when you add something with some weight.
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    Yes, tht would be very nice. On my screen it look black.
  • shannonscalici
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    You think that rug would be enough for the room?
  • mothergoosemc4
    11 years ago
    i like it . pull it out a little to Frame the rug with the hard wood. with the shapes in the rug I would go with old tractor wheel coffee table black with glass top. round out the space just me
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    Sorry, I think the rug is a bit small for the space, I was just showing how a darker room would ground the space and the print would make it more dynamic. But yes, it should definitely be larger. It was getting late and it takes a bit of time to do that on the computer so I didn't resize it :-)
  • ahoyt610
    11 years ago
    We have the same shelving unit (Ikea?) below our tv to help break up the space
  • shannonscalici
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    The white rug is 8x10 and I think it's a little to big....it runs into fireplace....What would you recommend?
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    Hi Shannon. Here is the room with that rug. Also consider a pair of panels on the window. Perhaps a negative positive effect by reversing the pattern on the window in the darker blue geometric - see if you like it. Then maybe less cushions 2 in each corner, but something that would pick up the colours. See attached. It's quick as I'm on my way to a clients but it will give you the idea.
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    Hi Shannon. Try taping out 8'6" x 11' 6" as I think it will look better in the room. When a rug is too small it visually makes the space seem smaller because your eye stops at the edge of the rug. I've quickly done the rug in the room, with panels and throw cushions to inspire you. I would reduce the number of cushions but use something really great.
  • shannonscalici
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    I love it!! Where are the drapes from?
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    That's great. I'm in Canada and it's different if you are in the US. I'd get your rug, then get some samples to tie in with the correct shade of blue - you could try Calico Corners if you are in the States or Joann Fabrics. I just put a fabric on that I thought would work. Cushions are from Surya rug and they also have rugs, see below. You could find a local store that carries their products.
  • PRO
    TVCoverUps
    11 years ago
    I like the idea of the lamps on both sides of the TV- it creates a nice balance to the room :).
    Shannon, why not consider hanging artwork over the TV and hide the TV when not in use. By using TVCoverUps, its a simple and elegant way to do this. Your TV would no longer be a stark center of attention, detracting from the room's decor and instead artwork provides the focal point - until it swings upward to reveal your TV hidden beneath. It can be lifted either manually or automatically via remote control. Every system is custom to some degree, so it is always best to give us a call so we can address your particular needs.
  • shannonscalici
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    Caroline I got the rug!
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    It looks lovely!!!
  • shannonscalici
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    Thank you!
  • shannonscalici
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    Any other suggestions? I'm going To look for something to hang on the wall behind the couch today!
  • PRO
    11 years ago
    which couch? the living room? behind the loveseat?
  • mothergoosemc4
    11 years ago
    Your welcom