Bed pillows, drapes
Sarah Rush
January 21, 2013 in Design Dilemma
Bad picture, sorry
I'm thinking of getting another one of the ruffled pillows to do a symmetrical row of 3 (obviously this isn't complete now). Would that work, or other ideas on pillows? D I need some shams to match the white duvet?
Also, what do you think about the rd/orange drape on the right, versus the plain white on the left? The yucky blinds ruin it a bit since I took the picture at night when they're closed.
What about the lamps? Those are the ounces I had before we replaces the bed. Do I need to replace them?
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Sarah Rush
Sorry for the auto-correct typos, oops
0 Likes   January 21, 2013 at 7:24PM
PRO
Blinds Direct Canada
I would first off recommend raising the rod about 6'' above the window . As for the Drapery i would recommend having them just sitting on the flood and use a solid silk in a chocolate brown color it will add alot of drama to the space. I would also suggest whom ever is making your drapery have them make you 2 16x16 square pillows and one neck roll it really will give you a more finished look.
1 Like   January 22, 2013 at 2:44PM
prissy13
Maybe add some mirrors or artwork above the bed. And maybe a softer color lamp base to match the romantic feeling of the bed. And how about a pretty bench in front of your bed? Go with color on your drapes. The white doesn't do enough for the room. Don't be afraid of color :)
0 Likes   January 22, 2013 at 3:02PM
PRO
House of Holland - TX
Love your pillows, maybe just add the one more textured one like you mentioned. Don't think you need white shams. Like the red curtain. I like the lamps, just maybe consider changing the shades to red also or possibly linen. A reddish runner at the end of your bed would give nice transition from the carpet and the bed linens.
0 Likes   January 22, 2013 at 3:27PM
prissy13
I agree that a red runner at the end of you bed would really bring out the other reds in the room
0 Likes   January 22, 2013 at 4:52PM
decoenthusiaste
Have you considered two creamy flokati rugs for either side of the bed, or one large one tucked under at the bottom?
Globus Builder
Mill Valley, CA
0 Likes   January 22, 2013 at 5:25PM