Ground
bciebell
Great setting, is that pea gravel under the furniture? Also, what is used as the base under the pea gravel?
Shapiro Didway
Pea Gravel would not be a preferred walking surface. It reminds me of walking in sand as it rolls under your feet and never compacts well. It is better suited as a drain rock.

Standard 1/4" gravel crushed (angular) was used at depth of 2" on top of a base rock installation of 3/4" crushed rock at a depth of 4". Important to install a non-woven (aka spun bonded) soil separation "landscape fabric" fabric between soil and base rock so that the 3/4" gravel does not get contaminated with soil which can cause settling and drainage problems down the road.

When selecting your gravel surfacing, be careful not to use 1/4" minus or anything with minus if you can avoid it. Minus contains fines which have a way of tracking onto other surfaces where you don't want it, such as your hardwood floors inside. Also if minus is part of the base such as the 3/4" that we used here, it will not drain as well since there will be less void space for water movement and storage.
9 Likes    Bookmark   January 22, 2013 at 7:51AM
hintzbueno
What are the tree in the background? How far apart are they planted? How tall do they grow?
    Bookmark   March 3, 2013 at 8:09AM
Shapiro Didway
They are Arborvitae, planted 2' on center. They grow to about 15' tall.
1 Like    Bookmark   March 7, 2013 at 12:11PM
Urban Landscape
This setting looks perfect. What is the stone used for fireplace and what is the height as well?
    Bookmark   March 8, 2013 at 8:06AM
Latashia Jackson
How long does it take for an arborvitae to grow 15' tall? I currently have some that are 2' tall.
2 Likes    Bookmark   May 4, 2013 at 9:16AM
Pebble Tile Shop
You could achieve a similar look as this floor by using pebble tile as well. Great outdoor space!
1 Like    Bookmark   May 6, 2013 at 1:37PM
I need a new rug for this room...
Room is about 12.5" x 12.5". I need a rug that will...
Debbie
Should the media console be on the rug?
HELP! We just bought a new rug, a 9*12, and I'm wondering...
Michelle Williams
Help with BM Paint Colors for entire main level renovation
Hii, Im looking for a bit of help deciding what paint...
berkleemarie4
need a few curb appeal ideas
My girlfriend and I just bought our first rental house....
theonlyjon
Bathroom update
Painted the room but, am trying to decide if I should...
tjokunkel