we are thinking of mixing hardwood flooring with tiles

dlg144January 21, 2013
Our kitchen and den have no divider and we were going to put hardwood floors in the den and rest of the house and in the kitchen on the outside of the kitchen island. On the part of the kitchen between cabnets and the island, we were thinking of putting tiles since hardwood gets very tired looking quickly in those high cooking areas. Do you have a bunch of pictures I can look at to see if I like it. It seems like a risky thing creating a psychological divide when both rooms are not that big and letting the wood flow through both might make it bigger. Anyway, any pics you can send my way would be greatly appreciated.
The Kitchen Loft · More Info
The Kitchen Loft
I assume you reviewed the other pictures in this series for this kitchen project on my website. Most of my projects employed wood floors -- particularly is there was wood flooring in the adjacent rooms. Take a look at the first series of pictures -- with the blue center island. Darker wood was set between the blue tile. Further along there's a green kitchen two different tiles. And towards the end of the portfolio series there's a country style kitchen with blue tile on the walls and brick flooring. That's about as rustic a kitchen as I've done. Adjacent rooms had wood flooring which you just might be able to make out in a couple of the photos. Best wishes.
1 Like    Bookmark   January 22, 2013 at 4:33AM
Mixing hardwood flooring in house.
I have natural red oak floors in kitchen, entryway...
robinrlg
Mixing old and new hardwood floors
We are looking to open up walls in our kitchen so they...
aec91078
New home flooring -- Hardwood vs Porcelain Tile
Please help me decide whether to choose Red Oak Hand-scraped...
mckinney2dallas
plzzzz suggeeest.....
I am donig interior of my new flat .for kitchen I am...
khan_rubina11
Light maple hardwood dilemma
We need advice for our expansive remodel of master...
sister66
Updating my 1940's home in a style that is "true to the period"
What are some features/elements of 1940's homes that...
jrbabl02
New house
Need advice for new furniture/ rug. Living room is...
car1377
Exterior help needed
Hello, we just bought this home and I need some ideas...
jeffrycc