OLLD 1/22
creeser
January 22, 2013 in Other
Good morning ladies!
What's on the rail for the lizard today?
astraea
I thought we were just getting flurries yesterday, but we have about 2" of snow this morning. And with our cold temperatures, it's not going to melt by itself.
January 22, 2013 at 3:57AM     
olldroo
Morning creeser. This is really getting bad when I am sitting here at my computer poised for the first comment of your day. I'm like a kid at Christmas waiting for Mum and Dad to wake to open Santa pressies.

I have 1 hour and then I am definitely going to bed!!!

Tomorrow for me - I have some running around for our Computer Club that is really bugging me, it is just a hangover job but I can't leave things unfinished so the quicker I get it done the quicker I can walk away. I really must get my hair cut, it has suddenly reached the length where I look more like fuzzy bear, probably be more curtain making the rest of the day. God it is slow going, it is driving me up the wall already.
January 22, 2013 at 4:02AM     
Morning all! More painting on tap for today. But I think I'll get a break this weekend! We've been planning to "tile" the master bath shower basin, with pennies! Check it out, it's so cool: https://www.google.com/search?q=penny+floor&hl=en&tbo=u&tbm=isch&source=univ&sa=X&ei=mYD-UIa1B8TtigLEsICQCA&sqi=2&ved=0CC4QsAQ&biw=1441&bih=687
January 22, 2013 at 4:07AM     
creeser
astraea, it almost looks like we might have snow later on this week. Hubby told me I was imagining things on the radar. *L*
roo, I do that when I get up. Can't wait to see what transpired last night! Takes me a looong time to catch up on the reading. You ladies are busy at night!
I have thought of making curtains. I can find such gorgeous fabric and it's really not a hard thing to do, but I end up buying. It's cheaper and I'm nothing if not cheap. *L* Besides, I really like getting lined or thermal drapes. It helps so much with the heating and cooling.
January 22, 2013 at 4:09AM   
creeser
bobbi, that is so cool! You're going to have to post a photo when you're done!
January 22, 2013 at 4:10AM     
creeser, what happened with your DIY trunk?
January 22, 2013 at 4:10AM   
olldroo
Ooooh, like that. Assuming you have been stockpiling for a while? Pity I have a stack of Aussie ones as they are no longer legal tender. Is the floor tiled now? Will you just lay them over the top? I hope you have them all polished ready to go.
January 22, 2013 at 4:10AM     
creeser, hopefully it will work! The basin is really narsty right now, the flipper painted it and there's no way to get it really sparkling clean. Fingers crossed!
January 22, 2013 at 4:11AM   
astraea
Roo - What is your "computer club" about? I find that no matter what the organization, "people politics" quickly get in the way! I hate people who are manipulative, and unfortunately, they're always around!
January 22, 2013 at 4:14AM     
roo, actually R will go to the bank and get about 20 rolls, it's a really small shower so I doubt it will take more than 1,000 pennies. There's actually a system made for this but I need to do more research. First you attach the pennies to a self-adhesive sheet, then put down the mastic, then the sheet of pennies upside down. When the mastic dries you're supposed to be able to peel off the sheet. Something like that anyway. There's a million tutorials on the web I just need to get reading!!!
January 22, 2013 at 4:14AM   
TanCalGal
HI all. (Just saying something so I receive notice of the 01/22 updated emails.)
January 22, 2013 at 4:18AM     
creeser
bobbi, I painted it goldy green. That's when I had the issue with the cat jumping on it while it was wet. It needs a second coat, but I need a day when the cat is sleeping in. He found hubby's glasses last night and swatted them off the dining table and lost a lens. I found it way under the sectional in the living room. BC makes our life interesting.
January 22, 2013 at 4:19AM     
creeser
Mornin' j22! What are you up to today?
January 22, 2013 at 4:19AM   
Darn cat! I remember the green paws incident, sorry I didn't realize it was the trunk. Is there any way to control a cat? They're so independent!
January 22, 2013 at 4:20AM   
TanCalGal
creeser: I have a long TTD list, but so far I'm ignoring it. How 'bout you? Anything interesting for U today?
January 22, 2013 at 4:23AM   
michigammemom
Bitterly cold this morning at -20, and today is one of those days that I regret being a landlord. Had 3 tenants calling with furnace issues and frozen pipes. The local plumbers either love or hate these weather extremes.
Olldbob, the penny tile shower sounds labor intensive but fun. I remember a post about a similar project. I'm guessing you will need a good sealer to keep your penny color consistent.
January 22, 2013 at 4:30AM     
astraea
I'm sorry I put off doing errands yesterday, but I wasn't in a good mood before my meeting, and in an even worse mood afterwards. Gotta go today .. no more bread forthe animals at home!
January 22, 2013 at 4:32AM     
feeny, your son got lucky! Will you put him to work shoveling snow, or does he get to do nothing all day?

MM, sorry about your pipes! How many rental properties do you own? I don't know which sealer, I still have so much reading to do about this whole process!
January 22, 2013 at 4:32AM   
michigammemom
Here's a houzz pic of pennies used as floor tile.
January 22, 2013 at 4:32AM     
MM, that's cool, thanks! I'll check it out!
January 22, 2013 at 4:33AM   
He will help us shovel, but I can't say his shoveling technique is actually much help. After that he can relax all day.
January 22, 2013 at 4:36AM     
Oh, feeny, it's a good life......
January 22, 2013 at 4:38AM     
creeser
Ok ladies. Bathroom photos. What to do with the wall behind the tub and should I use the chair or the table thingie or nothing at all in front of the tub. Ignore the crunchy floor, cleaning lady comes tomorrow. Go!
January 22, 2013 at 4:48AM   
creeser
The walls are pale blue. The floor tile is cream. Tub is white. Vanity is natural. Fixtures are chrome and a kind of blackened (aged) silver on the light fixtures.
January 22, 2013 at 4:50AM     
olldroo
Love that j22, that is what I do so the emails are all there when I get up.

Astraea our Computer Club is for seniors, to help them learn to use computers. We have a little club room with 10 computers all set up. The Trainers are all members who do so voluntarily. I started to do some teaching filling in when others went on holidays and thoroughly enjoyed it but to do it all the time I had to commit to at least 1 morning a week and I just haven't got my act together to have a specific day free each week. The teaching is one on one for 1 hour at a time plus we have courses from time to time. We also have someone who does digital photography and another lady is into family history so teaches people how to get started there and we also bought equipment to download old records to computer and burn onto discs. We even teach people how to use mobile phones. We buy extra programmes like photoshop so that members can restore old photos without having the expense of buying these things for themselves. We are limited by who knows what to teach. Actually I was going to teach touch typing at one stage as the guys really want to learn that. We have a monthly meeting and have a guest speaker who talks on some interesting computer aspect. I was on the committee last year and got a nice grant from our local RSL Club to buy two new computers so at the moment I am just tying up loose ends there. There is a lot of paperwork involved in applying for the grants and reporting back afterwards, it is full on ridiculous but the Govt. sets the rules. I only took it on because of all my years working the for Govt I basically knew the bullshit language to successfully reply.

Fortunately this mob are pretty tame, but at times too tame. I have had a lot of experience on committees and "organisation" is my middle name and I have heaps of ideas but need some assisance pulling things together, I'm just not prepared to do it all myself, but no one is prepared to give me any input. Problem is half of them are too old and too set in their ways.
January 22, 2013 at 4:53AM     
creeser, I love your vanity! It's gorgeous, is it custom? My vote would be nothing in front of the tub, and for the wall I would look for a towel holder similar to this one: I like items that are decorative AND functional! [houzz=
]
January 22, 2013 at 4:58AM     
olldroo
Creeser - love the thingy but the chair does nothing for me - against a wall maybe. Wall definitely needs something but what you have there at the moment highlights it needs something BIG!!! Can you take photos more of the walls to get some perspective? Love your basins too.
January 22, 2013 at 5:00AM     
roo, set in their ways! That's so funny. We have an elderly neighbor who asked R to fix his VCR the other day. I don't think so!
January 22, 2013 at 5:00AM     
astraea
Roo - I can relate to your comments about organizations, and groups! I wish we had a computer club like that here too! I was a whizz with my "Family Tree Maker" software, but when I got the new computer last summer, going from XP to Windows 7, the new FTM software was not only completely different, but told me it couldn't access my family tree files! I've been too disgusted to follow up; maybe I'll have to pay more for "intermediate versions" of the software, to do a double upgrade! The average age of the historical society must be 75 or 80; 1/3 don't have e-mail for easy communications. The computer professional who set up my computer had problems .. and it cost me $500+ for his services; $100/hour. Now I have a few other problems (in only 5 months?!), and I'm not sure I want to pay that to have him fix them!
January 22, 2013 at 5:01AM   
michigammemom
Hi creeser, your vanity, vessel sinks and modern taps have a Zen look to me, so I would use a teak bench by the soaker tub rather than the garden stool or white chair. It would be a handy place to keep a towel and a little "assist" to get in and out of a deep tub. Do you have towel bars on any of the walls around the tub?
January 22, 2013 at 5:01AM     
astraea
Bobbi - If you use a holder like that for fresh towels .. where do you hang them after they're used? Everyone seems to have gotten away from towel bars, but it was the best way for them to hang & dry out again.

Good question - What ever happened to "towel bars" .. why did they fall out of favor?
January 22, 2013 at 5:04AM   
astraea, look at the pic with the chair, there's a towel bar to the left!

Can you all believe the price of this spice rack? $125!!! [houzz=
]
January 22, 2013 at 5:06AM   
olldroo
Astraea, that is one good thing about our Club, the parent Company is Australia Wide and sets the rules for setting up Clubs and the President of each Club must be a computer whiz. We have several other guys who are really cluey too so with laptops especially you can take them to the Club and they will help with such problems. This is a link to the Parent Club website so you get an idea
http://www.ascca.org.au/

I'm quite a kid in our Club - our members are mostly in their 80s with quite a few hitting 90.
January 22, 2013 at 5:13AM   
creeser
Thanks ladies! The chair was an afterthought. I had it in the walk in closet to sit on and drug it out to see what it would look like with towels. It'll go back in the closet. The vanity is custom made. Hubby made it! He made my kitchen cabinets as well. That's pecky cypress and we used it over the fireplace and the stove. That big wall was where I thought about doing the starburst mirror collage. Now I think it would just look cluttered if I did. What I have up there is already looking cluttered. So yes, a big picture. My issue would be a frame. Everything is dark wood that I've seen. Perhaps a frameless oil painting?
January 22, 2013 at 5:14AM     
creeser
bobbi, I like the towel holder idea, but we have the double bar already and it was a pill to get in. Just the way it's made.
MM, I have a teak stool in our shower which is to the left of the tub. I could pull that out, but the finish is so much darker than the vanity and linen cabinet. Would that make a difference?
January 22, 2013 at 5:17AM   
creeser
Another idea to throw out there. What about shelves behind the tub that match the vanity?
January 22, 2013 at 5:17AM     
michigammemom
Creeser, I love this unique display of sand dollars between glass for bath art. Your pretty blue wall color would show through. You could give the teak bench a try and see how it looks with your cypress vanity. The cypress reminds me of hickory...lots of color variation.
January 22, 2013 at 5:20AM     
olldroo
That spice rack is really neat but what annoys me with things like that is you have to fill the jars and then what do you do with the left over bits that don't fit. Like the old flour and sugar cannisters.

You know feeny, when you really think about it, in this day and age one has to wonder why there aren't teaching alternatives via computer for bad weather - especially when it is such a part of every day life where you are. It made me think of our outback here where properties are called Stations and cover many many square miles and kids learn via the School of the Air.
http://australia.gov.au/about-australia/australian-story/school-of-the-air

They do go to high school - which kids here start around 12 years of age but many of them then go to private schools in the Cities as borders.
January 22, 2013 at 5:25AM     
creeser, check out this teak box - it matches your vanity pretty well. Maybe you could use it to replace the glass jar that's perched precariously on the edge of the tub? [houzz=
]

I like MM's sand dollar art too!
January 22, 2013 at 5:27AM   
creeser
MM. love the sand dollars! I have a bunch of shells, including sand dollars, that I could do something like that. Use the distressed white on the shadow box. That would fit in with the zen thing I'm trying to keep. Putting a trip to Michael's on my to do list for today.
January 22, 2013 at 5:28AM     
olldroo
Creeser what about a canvas print. I put a cheap one in my ensuite just as a fun thing and so far it is standing up to steam ok. I just used velcro to attach it to the wall too as it is so light.
January 22, 2013 at 5:29AM   
Roo, no! My son would be horrified if there was a back-up system to take his exams today by computer. He lives for snow days!
January 22, 2013 at 5:30AM     
creeser
*L* Does my glass jar unnerve you bobbi? It is actually more stable than what it looks, but with BC, it may not be long for this world. Probably need to move it. That teak box would look good in the bathroom!
January 22, 2013 at 5:30AM     
olldroo
Ah, feeny I am such an old spoil sport. I was more thinking of you having to go out in it. How much easier your life would be.
January 22, 2013 at 5:32AM   
creeser
roo, I had one on the old house that in size, would be perfect for the space. Unfortunately, it has an 'old gold' frame and is done in shades of yellows, golds and browns. It's a tropical scene, but wrong colors.
January 22, 2013 at 5:32AM   
creeser
My mother has the perfect oil painting for that space, but I still haven't been able to whine it off her bedroom wall. Yet. ;)
January 22, 2013 at 5:33AM     
olldroo
We have a lot happening here at the moment in our $2 shops with beach themes and shells and stuff which was what I wanted for my ensuite. The only problem I was really limited with the size and shape I wanted - I needed a portrait and everything I liked was landscape. One shop had a set of fabulous trays in varying sizes done in white distressed wood with rope handles at each end and some fish net and a few grey/blue trims, very tastefully done actually, they were gorgeous but I was cursing I had absolutely nowhere to put one. I was going to get BH one for the bath hob in the main bathroom but he just hates anything decorative.

What is a sand dollar????
January 22, 2013 at 5:39AM   
olldroo
So much for my good intentions, it is now an hour past my time limit so I am hitting the sack. Have a good day all, Bobbi hope your penny pavin' goes well. Looking forward to hearing all your problems resolved when I wake up.
January 22, 2013 at 5:47AM   
TanCalGal
@ creeser Nice. Instead of the Chinese garden stool or the chair, how about a rustic log for towels (or candle) to repeat the vanity wood. Master Bath Retreat

I think the chair could also work if a lot of paint was taken off, to make it more shabby chic. Especially if the wood underneath sort of repeated the wood vanity. Dustins Bedroom

Maybe towels the color of the sinks on chair or log + an animal skin rug? Bathroom Koldby Cowhide, Brown/White

Some kind of modern art over the tub. Maybe a large canvas painted, with no frame, black with an rust-orange stripe. The candle here is cute, too. Or art in photo # 2 has a little blue in it like walls, especially nice with a plant or two to repeat green. Custom Amish Cabinets Tropical Bathroom
January 22, 2013 at 5:53AM   
michigammemom
olldroo, Here is an image of a sand dollar. They are prized by beach combers but very fragile.
January 22, 2013 at 5:57AM   
GREAT IDEAS! I would love to see two identical pieces over your tub, emphasizing the corner design. Wooden panels, the framed sand dollars, etc. hanging vertically. Kinda like this, but only two panels/pictures.

January 22, 2013 at 6:05AM   
This is a fancy bath, but the corner piece is useful.

January 22, 2013 at 6:09AM     
olldtrazz
Good morning ladies. Just peaking my head in for a sec. Question, did anyone watch the pilot for the Following last night? Very creepy for network tv. I heard a tv critic on Martha Stuart Living the other day talking about it so I thought I would dvr it. It was really good but very creepy for network tv,they're trying to compete with cable so they're pushing the envelope. Good show so far.

Creesers, love your vanity! I can't believe your husband made that! He does beautiful work!
January 22, 2013 at 6:13AM   
creeser
Trazz, I started watching it and changed channels, and recorded it instead. Hubby gets freaked out over stuff like that. Bruce Willis, Steven Segal, he's good, but that stuff would have kept him up all night. *L* I'll have to tell you the story of The Ring one day. Thanks for the compliment on hubby! He really does do good work.
Ladies, you are just full of wonderful ideas!!
j22, your ideas actually tie in very well with the rest of our house. We have a half bath that has been been bothering me and I think I will use some of your ideas in there! It has a stump for the vanity and a vessel sink with koi fish and lily pads painted between the glass. It was my next project to post with y'all for ideas. *L*
January 22, 2013 at 6:20AM     
creeser
roo, sand dollars are actually living creatures. Alive, they are greyish and around most of the coast, they discourage you from digging them up. After they die, they turn white and if you crack them in half, tiny pieces fall out that look like miniature doves.
January 22, 2013 at 6:23AM   
creeser
Here's a photo of a sand dollar (alive) that I took down near Kiawah Island, actually.
January 22, 2013 at 6:25AM     
creeser
Speaking of photos, this is a photo I took in Alaska. Do you think if I had it printed up on canvas, it would work in the bathroom?
January 22, 2013 at 6:27AM     
creeser
.... or maybe a collage of photos?
January 22, 2013 at 6:28AM   
creeser, I loke the collage of photos idea. If you took any pics of your kids when they were little, maybe just wearing bath towels, wouldn't that be cool? And humbling!
January 22, 2013 at 6:34AM     
TanCalGal
@creeser: yes, to the photo on canvas Mill Valley

Canvas photo would be really nice quite large to make a statement: Farmhouse, Shelter Island

Not sure about the photo collage, but the canvas photo could be a part of an arrangement with other objects if it was a little on the small side. I see a cute star on the wall...you probably have other stuff...
January 22, 2013 at 6:43AM   
michigammemom
Happy shopping eztia. If you have a Home Goods near you they are a great source for affordable bath accessories. Creeser, I will confess that I have visions of your glass jar shattering on your tile floor. Ouch!
January 22, 2013 at 7:55AM   
michigammemom
Creeser, I am still puzzling over "What's on the rail for the lizard"??? Never heard that expression.
January 22, 2013 at 8:08AM   
ez, have a great time shopping! It's what we live for, no?

roo, what problems? Am I whining again? I'm pretty good at it and need a wake up call every once in a while, thanks.
January 22, 2013 at 8:21AM   
Ladies, what kind of windows are the best these days? Aluminum, vinyl, wood.....any ideas? This morning I was painting around the window in GB1 and I noticed the seal is gone. I could probably just add some caulking, but these windows are black aluminum which the previous owner painted over. The glass is in perfect condition, but......
January 22, 2013 at 8:38AM   
mpoulsom
I think one big piece of artwork would be more relaxing in a bath, than a multitude of things. my opinion, not my house! :)
Maybe you could do one large piece on the blank wall and do one medium piece on the left above towel bar.
January 22, 2013 at 8:50AM   
creeser, mpoulsom, what do you think about a mural???
January 22, 2013 at 8:51AM     
mpoulsom
or maybe just hang your candle thingy above the towel bar? can't tell how high the ceilings are...hhmmmm

btw....I love that spice rack, but do not like spice racks in general. That one is really cool, but way too expensive. I could make something like that! ha! Like the dip in the design for olive oil bottle or vinegar. Nice lines.

oh and like the box that bob showed too for your bathroom crees.

Are sand dollars just a regional thing? I thought they were everywhere. I love them. Found some last time J and I went to the beach, or in florida, but I accidentally crushed them in my pocket! I was devastated! They used to be everywhere in the more deserted beaches around the sc coast, but are getting harder and harder to find. And I love horseshoe crab shells....J brought one back for our beach room the last time he was at the jersey shore.
January 22, 2013 at 9:02AM     
mpoulsom
bob, are you trying to get a job for me? lol
a mural would be nice there as well. good thinking.
January 22, 2013 at 9:04AM     
@bobbi
I think it depends on your climate and, to a lesser extent, style of architecture. In my area the "best" window is usually considered to be solid wood interior (for painting or staining) with extruded aluminum clad exterior, triple glazed, UV filtered.
January 22, 2013 at 9:07AM     
mpoulsom
I know nothing about windows, except the way they look. I know what I like as far as that goes, but as far as quality, I am not educated yet on that subject. I need all new windows in my house, but I don't see that happening anytime soon. I joked previously about learning how to make them, because the ones I want are outrageous I'm sure. :(
January 22, 2013 at 9:07AM     
Thanks you guys! Is vinyl "out"? I had them in 2 previous homes and loved them.
January 22, 2013 at 9:10AM   
I know nothing about vinyl windows, Bobbi, except that they aren't allowed in historically protected houses. So they've never been an option in our area.
January 22, 2013 at 9:13AM     
Oh, ok, thanks! I doubt if this home is historically protected, 1967? Nah, doubtful!!!
January 22, 2013 at 9:15AM   
Nancy Hehmann
Metal photography is perfect for high humidity areas. The photo lab I work with has them and I own two. They are supposed to be waterproof and can be hung with a frame or without. They are aluminum and rigid so they do not need any other backing. The only thing they say is to not hang them in direct sunlight if hung outdoors b/c they might fade.
January 22, 2013 at 9:20AM     
I'll bet they're pretty, too!
January 22, 2013 at 9:22AM   
Nancy Hehmann
The photo lab say " they have a magical luminescence" and last 2 to 4 times longer than other prints.
January 22, 2013 at 9:26AM   
mpoulsom
don't know if you guys are interested or care, but this is one of the artists that I discovered this past weekend in Brevard, NC. Love his work. This is a style of painting that I adore and cannot do myself naturally.
January 22, 2013 at 9:50AM     
mpoulsom
His name is Keith Spencer...
January 22, 2013 at 9:53AM     
mpoulsom
one more
January 22, 2013 at 9:56AM   
creeser
Carolina, we have no direct lighting in our bathroom. A solar tube and a small window high up in the separate shower, so they would be safe. Where do you find metal photography?

I will remove my glass jar. The thought has crossed my mind at how much it would shatter should it fall. In my old bathroom, it was on a shelf by the linen closet. I put soaps in it.

MP, I love that artist! Acrylic or oil? We have a local artist who works mostly in watercolor that has a similar style. Rose Metz.
January 22, 2013 at 10:04AM   
creeser
MM, re: what's on the rail for the lizard...picked that up, I think it might be a Texan thing, not sure.*L*
January 22, 2013 at 10:05AM   
creeser
Today is just turning out to be one of those weirdo days. Started off this morning when I walked the dog at 5:30am. Strange noises, dogs barking all over. Then the barking would fade, like whatever they were barking at was moving down the road. Owls hooting in the swamp and clearly upset. Just got this 'something wicked this way comes' feeling and things have gone hill since then. *L* On the up side, son has a promising lead on a job. Bad part, it's down in Charleston.
January 22, 2013 at 10:10AM   
TanCalGal
@bobbi Our house is 11 years old and we have white vinyl, double glazed windows. They look nice and R maintenance free. Have not had any trouble. Slider is wood-Anderson, French doors R wood not sure of company. Front door was wood but it warped & was replaced with a synthetic (plastic?) that looks like wood and is wearing well. Milgard is the window company: http://www.milgard.com/catalog/windows/material/vinyl/
January 22, 2013 at 10:13AM     
mpoulsom
they are oil paintings creesy.....
congrats on the job lead for the son. charleston would be great! what in the world are you talking about!? charleston is not far away and you can visit for free! :)
creesy i hope there are no deliverance people walking around in your woods! lock the door NOW! Do you hear banjo music or anything?
January 22, 2013 at 10:21AM   
michigammemom
Creeser, I've been mulling it over and I think it means "What's on the menu for the day? or Whatsup?"
MP, I covet those paintings...the kind of work that needs to be viewed from a distance to fully appreciate.
January 22, 2013 at 10:29AM     
mpoulsom
creeser, she's good. i know her name actually. probably have met the woman at an art show in the past. and I know she knows some of my other artist friends who are mainly into watercolor. she is most likely a member of the sc watercolor society. I have some really close friends that are great watercolorists and a few of them live near your brother in the belton/honea path area believe it or not. excellent and talented artists.
the anderson county arts center has a big juried show every year and the talent is incredible. it involves sc, nc, and ga artists. so many people enter that are more than worthy of being in the show, but there is only so much wall and floor space to exhibit them. many are eliminated purely because of space. it's like christmas when all the entries are delivered for the juror to pick.
January 22, 2013 at 10:32AM   
creeser
MM, Oh! I thought you knew what it meant, but was wondering where I picked it up! Sorry... Yes, it means 'what's on your plate?' Lizards love hanging out on railings, sunning themselves and picking off flies.
MP, a couple of other locals are Carl Bell and Ray Davenport. Though I think Carl and his wife, Jean have moved to Georgetown. Jean used to have a store in town called The Art Shop. She had areas rented to local artists in all mediums to display and sell their work. My daughter worked for her when she was in college. Another I love, love, love, is Michael Story.. Check out his site: http://www.michaelstory.com/Michael_Story/Index.html
January 22, 2013 at 10:41AM   
creeser
In Michael Story's work, I have Palmetto Dawn, Dusk and Evening as well as Island Shadows.
January 22, 2013 at 10:44AM   
lisalovesquilts
Hi girls. I'm just saying howdy. Creeser, Kilmarnock is just down the road from me about 30 miles!
January 22, 2013 at 10:46AM   
creeser
Lisa, how about that! Maybe we have some of the same ancestors waaaaay back a couple of hundred years ago!
January 22, 2013 at 10:48AM     
mpoulsom
this is one of my good friends who lives in belton and is a wonderful watercolor artist. her name is joanne anderson. the one painting of the guy playing the guitar is of her son. he's talented as well. i used to model for some of her workshops. if any of you ever need a good portrait watercolor artist, she can work from photographs and is very accomplished and a wonderful lady. you all would love her. she is a trip.
January 22, 2013 at 10:52AM     
mpoulsom
oops the one of sam didn't show up. but you get the idea of her style and talent...
January 22, 2013 at 10:55AM   
creeser
Mp, those are just beautiful! I'm always amazed the amount of incredible talent our little state holds.
January 22, 2013 at 10:57AM     
mpoulsom
beautiful work by michael, creesy!
January 22, 2013 at 10:58AM   
mpoulsom
me too.....trust me. when i lived in california i expected a lot as far as art. i was very un-impressed by what i saw. the local art in sc is superior as far as i'm concerned.
January 22, 2013 at 11:01AM     
Just plain, WOW! I love art, even when I personally don't like it, I love to see talent expressed. Here is my gal. I have two so far, which are on either side of my fireplace. She paints mostly things right here in town. The way we stick out into the ocean, we have so many different accesses to different water. On one side is Cape Cod Bay, the other open ocean heading toward Lisa, I have Pleasant Bay (one or two of these pictures is there) and then Nantucket Sound. All different water temps, so different marine and plant life, different sand…a true gift. http://www.treesplace.com/Artist%20pages/Artists/Nadeau/Image%20index/index%20page%2010.htm
January 22, 2013 at 11:05AM     
mpoulsom
judy, what i want to do one summer is live in maine and just paint the entire time....and eat lobster of course! i was fortunate enough to stay at a beautiful house on the water, in 2009, i think. talk about pretty! i am not good at landscapes, but would like to practice there! It was near Boothbay or in boothbay?? Are you familiar with that area? and get this, the people who owned the house, the wife is an interior designer. So you know how perfect it was! The water and the rocks! wonderful!
January 22, 2013 at 11:28AM     
Nancy Hehmann
@ mpoulsom I used to go to Belton to visit a friend I went to grad school with but we lost touch. She called where she lived "Possum Kingdom" too.

@creeser I have an account at Bay Photo lab (in California) they are written about in Professional Photography Journals and they do the metal (aluminum) prints. I can have any of my photography printed there. You can also google it and some will come up as will Bay Photo Lab. I , of course, do not know if it is the same quality as Bay Photo lab because I have had many items done there in Kodak ENDURA metallic prints, canvas and the metal prints (aluminum). The metal prints look very nice and unlike a decorator the other day tried to say they do not sing "I am metal I a metal" at all. I do not think he had actually seen them. He was telling someone (who already said they had ordered metal prints) that they should not use them b/c they had a metal headboard.

Must go run errands. Have a wonderful day. Just read for anyone midatlantic up that there is a huge snow storm moving in this weekend so if that affects anyone - stay warm and safe. Looks like it will miss SC and below.
January 22, 2013 at 11:39AM   
j22, thanks! So I guess vinyl windows are still ok then. Our windows are pretty big so I guess this won't be cheap. Sigh.
January 22, 2013 at 11:43AM     
mpoulsom
bob...you sound so depressed and i can't even hear you! join my "window pity party"....we must look on the bright side, at least we HAVE windows!!!!!!
just caulk those suckers now my dear!
January 22, 2013 at 11:51AM     
I don't mean to sound depressed! Well,

ANOTHER WALL BITES THE DUST!!! And the fireplace is done except for a few touch-up areas.

I may not be very good, but I am slow. hehehehe
January 22, 2013 at 12:44PM     
astraea
Sheesh .. I started a response to a couple of posts here before, and after 2 hours of interruptions, I’m back starting over again!

Bobbi – pretty spice rack, but in my mind, another design where appearance trumped practicality. Spices & Wines aren’t supposed to be displayed, where the light & heat can ruin them. And what if you get a different size bottle of oil? And Roo’s right, some spices you’ll use up faster, and then you’re stuck refilling the jars so they match?

On another subject, I like wood-framed windows; maybe it’s just my taste. I had 2 vinyl replacement windows put into the kitchen of my other house, but they didn’t feel as sturdy as wood.

Roo (in bed, I bet) – I’ll take a better look that that computer link later; looks fascinating!
Creeser – Love that photo of the mountains in the clouds!
January 22, 2013 at 12:46PM   
astraea, I subscribe to a newsletter from my home town in NJ, and today's letter said there are still over 3,000 homes without power because of Sandy! I cannot believe that!
January 22, 2013 at 12:48PM   
TanCalGal
@bobbie: when DH was in military...our good-sense-of-humor-dentist used to say something like that, "...I may be slow but I sure do poor work". lol
January 22, 2013 at 12:48PM     
astraea
Bobbi - 3,000 homes w/o power is hard to believe! Is that an e-newsletter, or printed? Do you think it's possible that was written a while back? What town is it .. was it on a barrier island?
January 22, 2013 at 12:50PM     
creeser
Thanks astraea! That is Glacier Bay in Alaska. That is what we woke up to on our first morning when we cruised Alaska. It is so beautiful there.
bobbi, re vinyl windows, that's what we have in our house. Love 'em!
January 22, 2013 at 12:59PM     
mp, I have been to Boothbay Harbor, but, no, I am not familiar with it. We had a waterfront house in Gloucester MA, built early 1900's. We could sit on the porch at night and see the lights on the coast of Maine and the Provincetown lighthouse. You would have loved that spot. Imagine the view! Our property was rocky coast, too.
January 22, 2013 at 1:00PM     
creeser
Since judy brought up Maine and lighthouses. Sharing some photos I took. One is the St. Augustine (Florida) lighthouse, but still..*L*
January 22, 2013 at 1:05PM     
creeser
...and a few more from Alaska.
January 22, 2013 at 1:07PM     
mpoulsom
don't know if you guys have ever seen these, but i think it's a great idea for small spaces. Just found it on Fab email. Made by Origami.
January 22, 2013 at 1:12PM     
busylady1
MP I just love those paintings, I am going to try to find out if the artist sells over here!

Lisa my middle son lives in Prestwick, about 15 miles from Kilmarnock! Small world!
January 22, 2013 at 1:15PM     
mpoulsom
busylady, artists will ship anywhere pretty much! they have to these days. the internet has changed the art world quite a bit!
January 22, 2013 at 1:22PM   
Astraea, you're right! It was today's newsletter but the story was dated Nov. 12. Sorry! I should check these things more carefully!

creeser, you should print and hang those Alaska pics, they're really beautiful. They would look amazing in your bathroom.

MP, how dare you be so skinny!
January 22, 2013 at 1:25PM     
mpoulsom
i am not that skinny. plus that was 3 years ago AND i've blown up and aged quite a bit! besides, i think that was just a skinny angle. I'm covering up the fat in the front with that left arm and leg hiked up! HA!
January 22, 2013 at 1:37PM     
creeser
bobbi, isn't that the truth. Let's send MP a dessert of the month and get that girl fattened up! On top of that, she's gorgeous.
bobbi, that's why I was asking about a collage of photos matted and framed. I could do the matt in white or cream and the frame in the same wood as the vanity. Would that work behind the tub? Or would it be too busy?
January 22, 2013 at 1:38PM     
creeser
MP, I use my arm to cover fat, too. The bat wing that hangs off of my upper arm hides tons! *L*
January 22, 2013 at 1:38PM     
astraea
Creeser – I’ve been thinking about Alaska .. but want to go on a small cruise ship. Did you go large or small?

Judy/Creeser – Fabulous photos; thanks for sharing with us! My vision of living by the shore, would really be a deserted beach with dunes & grass, but it would take $4+ million to have that around here .. so I have to go very early in the morning for walks (LOL).

MP – Were you climbing around those rocks in high heels?!
January 22, 2013 at 1:48PM     
mp, you are just one beautiful woman. No wonder you are a cougar. :>)

Yes, that rocky ledge you are sitting on is what my house was built on. I would walk down to a beach just like that. Had to drag a chair, no lying on a towel….ouch!
January 22, 2013 at 1:57PM     
creeser
astraea, we did a large cruise ship. Carnival. It was a one week, south bound cruise. Flew into Anchorage, then a bus took us to Whittier to catch the ship. Headed south and spent a lot of days on the inland waterways which was very smooth. On the ocean, though, it was VERY rough. I get motion sickness real easy, so I had started on Dramamine early and it didn't bother me. The couple we went with, his wife had to go to bed and she's not nearly as bad as I am, so had not taken anything. On the waterway, we were behind one of the small cruise ships. They are probably more luxurious than what we were on. It was the best vacation we have ever had. And this from a woman that adores Disney World like a little kid. *L*
January 22, 2013 at 1:58PM     
creeser
The Alaska cruise was a reward from my husband for making it through a year of wedding planning with our bridezilla daughter without disowning her.
January 22, 2013 at 1:59PM     
mpoulsom
astraea, i was actually trying to take some photos of my childhood friends (who i went on vacation with)....2 lovely crazy ladies...it was october and i had already dressed for the day. I'm kind of a monkey woman anyway, so that wasn't too much of a stretch. Plus, we were right behind the house.
and p.s. creesy and bobbi, judyg is mo skinny!

creesy, i think if you did 4 of those photos or 2 large ones on that wall,( with the writing), framed and matted as you stated above, that would be lovely.
January 22, 2013 at 2:01PM     
creeser, yes yes yes! I love the idea of the Alaskan photo collage! And matting them in white or barely off-white, framing them in a similar wood, my goodness that's SO DESIGNER!!! I love it!
January 22, 2013 at 2:02PM     
astraea
Creeser - I wanted to go on a Lindblad cruise; I don't think they're more luxurious, but the groups are smaller & there are more "experts" along to tell you about the area. Maybe you go kayaking with whales!
January 22, 2013 at 2:10PM     
mpoulsom
now astraea, how can you say anything about me wearing boots on the rocks when you are talking about kayaking with WHALES!!!! lol
January 22, 2013 at 2:13PM     
I am SO on board for kayaking with whales!
January 22, 2013 at 2:22PM     
As for cruises, avoid Costa Cruise Lines at all costs, trust me!
January 22, 2013 at 2:29PM     
feeny, is there no where to go kayaking in your area?
January 22, 2013 at 2:33PM   
mpoulsom
ohio river perhaps??? there is water in O ee O! I've seen it!

I would love being that close to a whale, but a little scared of the tippage factor....i do not like being tipped over from a kayak in icy water! no way! And I would be the one to get tipped over, trust me!
January 22, 2013 at 2:43PM     
Carolina, I was just shopping in products for something swan to put on my dining table. I have the strangest piece of artwork, on linen, which resembles something you would see inside carved on the walls of a cave. D D is going to have to help me with pictures. Anyway, the long end of the story, I came across your photos. Lovely.

January 22, 2013 at 2:54PM     
creeser
And here we were kayaking in Sitka, I think it was and the second is a whale tale. Going down as we were crossing a bay to go kayaking.
January 22, 2013 at 2:55PM     
creeser
judy, you need swans, let me know. We have a park in town that boasts a pair of every type of swan in the world. They come up to you as you walk around and they used to let you feed them, but they got too annoying, so they won't let you any more. We have swan stuff coming out of our ears around here.
January 22, 2013 at 2:59PM     
What's for dinner tonight?
January 22, 2013 at 3:21PM   
TanCalGal
@ bob: yummy leftovers. Went to a Mexican rest. last night and ordered our favorites. Margaritas + shared guacamole, + DH: carnitas and Moi: chili verde. Large portions, we ate half and have half tonight..
January 22, 2013 at 3:38PM     
j22, I love chili verde! So yum! Funny....we're having leftover carnitas! Carnitas, potatoes and eggs, maybe some biscuits. Do you like mole'? I do but R does not. I can't wait for MIL to come and cook!
January 22, 2013 at 3:40PM     
TanCalGal
Yes! Love mole.

Hey Bob, thats a great idea for the carnitas, I may try that combo...potato, eggs, biscuits....
January 22, 2013 at 3:43PM     
Let me know how it works out for you. This is my first time doing it, but I think even I can manage it!!! Or at least the dog will eat it. He's on a hunger strike at the moment, insulted that I would dare give him dog food. Twit!
January 22, 2013 at 3:45PM     
Anybody want to weigh in on this discussion? It's about a 50/50 split right now, I'm with Dy. http://www.houzz.com/discussions/316487
January 22, 2013 at 3:47PM     
mpoulsom
gonna be pizza pie tonight at my house. i have to finish the bottom painting of the walls in the midge room tonight when I get homey. oh joy......
and a lot of coffee i imagine!
January 22, 2013 at 3:48PM     
Funny! I haven't heard pizza called pizza pie since I left NJ, but you're perfectly right MP, it is a pizza pie!
January 22, 2013 at 3:51PM   
Well, there isn't anywhere to go kayaking with the chance of seeing whales in Ohio, that's for sure!
January 22, 2013 at 3:57PM     
Pizza pie is a N J thing. But here is a different recipe, gets four stars, and may be worth a try. http://busycooks.about.com/od/savorypierecipes/r/pizzaquiche.htm
January 22, 2013 at 4:00PM     
Rocky once went 48 hours without eating, feeny! He puts his nose up in the air at almost all dog food, then he lays in his bed with his butt pointed at me. This dog is part human, I swear. Are your dogs really brother and sister? That's so cool!

Judy, God love you, you know how culinary challenged I am. My pizza comes from Straw Hat! But thanks for the good thought:))
January 22, 2013 at 4:03PM   
feeny, my sweet kitty, eats dried Innova cat food. She needs, several times a day, filtered water with three ice cubes; a snack of pre sliced ham and the water from the tuna can. The scary thing is, we do it for her. Oh, she only drinks the water/ice cubes on the counter. So, if friends drop in, I make a mad dash to get that water dish down on the floor.
January 22, 2013 at 4:07PM     
Whale watch? Please, come to the Cape. At the end of this video, you are looking way out to the end of the Cape, Provincetown, so roo, just about as far away as you and I can be.
January 22, 2013 at 4:09PM     
TanCalGal
@bobbi: I responded to the puddle problem. I was in between the puddles and the non-puddles. I'm from NY state but I lived in NJ. Flemington and Annandale for about 10 years when kids were young.

Joke...have to make motions when U tell the joke, so might not go over too well on internet. How do U know people R from NJ? Because they have flat foreheads and short necks. Why? When U ask them a question, they shrug their shoulders...and when U tell them the answer they smack their foreheads. lol.
January 22, 2013 at 4:15PM     
Judy, be honest - who trained who??? hehehe

feeny, so what you're saying is the older brother is a bit of a bully? Typical!
January 22, 2013 at 4:16PM     
j22 - I like that joke! It's so true, so true.... Flemington and Annandale, are they north or south NJ? I'm from north, Port Reading, Woodbridge Township, MIddlesex County. And the fact that I can remember all that amazes me.
January 22, 2013 at 4:18PM   
TanCalGal
@bobbi We lived in Hunterdon County...sort of North NJ and over by Pennsylvania...pretty close to Bucks County PA. I just looked on a map and Middlesex is pretty close to Hunterdon Cty. Shrugging my shoulders and slapping my forehead now... don't think I knew about Middlesex County until you mentioned it.
January 22, 2013 at 4:28PM     
feeny, you tell her I said "you go girl!"!!!

j22, I don't think Middlesex County is real big. That's the thing about counties and states in the east, we have to remember that these were the original colonies and traveling was tough then. That's probably why they're smaller.
January 22, 2013 at 4:33PM     
feeny, why were you in P-town? I am 20 minutes away, we go all the time, eat at Napi's.

bobbi, cutie, of course, we trained her, (princess, queen, honey bunch, baby kitty, love drop, my baby girl, mommy's girl, on and on, ad nauseum.) http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2012/07/njtv_putting_its_focus_on_fine.html
January 22, 2013 at 4:34PM     
OTHER, is getting more comments. Anyone noticed? Can Emily just get us an OLLD?
January 22, 2013 at 4:41PM   
Judy, where on earth did you find that link? I think an OLLD category would be cool. Actually I'd like to have the ability to delete a full date rather than have it hang around indefinitely. So in other words if I were to mistakenly open a wrong date (who me?) I could go back and delete it.
January 22, 2013 at 4:47PM     
TanCalGal
@bobbi-I would like all of our daily posts deleted the next day...
January 22, 2013 at 4:55PM     
feeny, your in-laws are in Wellfleet? I am in Orleans, not Chatham, closer, even (my best growing up friend is in Wellfleet). Would that not be a great experience? You are so much younger than we, but, no problem, we have already connected. You could come here for drinks and a burger, or we could meet you at Boulangerie, for coffee and a walk. Please keep me posted. Guaranteed, you will love us. Bring your son. http://maps.google.com/maps?client=safari&rls=en&oe=UTF-8&q=wellfleet+ma&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x89fb42dcc768c5df:0x17a139b6d6b512b0,Wellfleet,+MA&gl=us&sa=X&ei=wzb_UOz1KcyN0QHC-oGYCA&ved=0CLYBELYD
January 22, 2013 at 5:02PM   
I somehow had it in my head you were in Chatham--no idea why. And I would love to get together the next time we come.
January 22, 2013 at 5:08PM     
feeny, Actually, we are right on the Chatham/Orleans line…whenever you come here, please let me know. Even if it is for a coffee or glass of wine. http://pbboulangeriebistro.com/index-temp.html
January 22, 2013 at 5:11PM   
feeny, yeah!

bobbi and others, our posts are really just for and about us. Once in a while we have some nice contacts with other houzzers, but on a day to day basis, it really has come down to us OLLDS and our stuff. It is kind of amazing how we have connected. There must be hundreds/thousands on houzz….and here we are, so many miles away from each other, chit/chatting every day about who knows what. Love this.
January 22, 2013 at 6:13PM     
olldroo
Holy Moly - as you guys have taught me - how long does it take to read 109 posts plus wander off onto side attachments!!!!!!

I think I will have to go to bed earlier and wander on here every nocturnal loo trip I need to make..............hmmm maybe I should set the computer up in the loo.

So many great ideas for Creeser's bathroom - if I were you creeserI would be even more confused than ever now. I loved the corner shelving idea if you needed storage. I really must play around downloading photos from my iPod to my computer as when I was looking for ideas for some artwork above my loo I found some great collage photo frames that took about 11 photos. Some were all the same sized photo others had a larger one in the middle, and the frames were tuned to allow for portrait or landscape photos. I took photos of them so I could plan what I could put into them before I bought one. I was looking at the photos LADD sent me from Monterey Aquarium (yes, ez, including Miss 6's jellyfish) to use but couldn't get enough really good photos of the kids, they were being a bit silly and uncooperative that day. I thought if you wanted to go with photos creeser, something like this would have looked good. The Alaskan photos would be great.

Love all the other artwork too, I really appreciate art because I make a mess just opening a can of paint but I have totally run out of wallspace with all the ideas I have anyway. BH is (ha just found a new name for his initials) bloody hopeless when it comes to art or photos, he only sees more holes in the walls.
January 22, 2013 at 6:57PM   
olldroo
Astraea I thought you would like the site on Computer Pals, hope you might get something interesting from it. It is regularly updated, so keep a note of it.

Thanks guys for the info on sand dollars, they really look nice. Pity when things like that become trendy, people so easily forget they are living creatures when it comes to decorating their homes or making a fast buck. The must be an Atlantic Ocean thing as I have never seen anything like that here.

We have just had the annual whale migration south here, they go up and down our coastline every year taking their babies back home with them. Don't have to jump in a kayak or anything extreme, just stand on the shore and watch them go by. They even come into Sydney Harbour for a breather. There are a lot of whale spotting cruises, but there are laws as to how close you are allowed to go to them to protect the whales - not the stupid humans. We had a few incidents last time where babies were caught up in fishing nets and wildlife people tracked them for days trying to cut the little things free. Fortunately they seem to be successful each time.
January 22, 2013 at 7:12PM   
olldroo
Bobbi - I know we are OLLDS but this is ridiculous. You don't remember what problems??? Were you whining? Well I don't have a bloody clue because I can't remember asking you anything. Are we olld or are we OLLD!!!!

As for your windows - you asked what is best and then you said you absolutely loved your previous vinyl windows. Who tells everyone else to follow their heart.............. and something you don't have to paint by the sound of it.

Too funny.
January 22, 2013 at 7:17PM     
olldroo
Lisa and Busylady - you want co-incidences, at least you live in the same country.

You hadn't joined up when j22 and I discovered our grands go to the same school in LA. J's are in kindy and 2nd grade and mine is in 1st grade.

Oh, by the way j22, the little bloke starts school next September now, dd had booked him for another year of preschool but with the new school structure he will now go to prep school. Naturally DD is super excited at the thousands of $$$ she will save in fees.
January 22, 2013 at 7:23PM     
olldroo
Hmmmmm ez, one sounds very contemporary while the other sounds a little olde worlde so will give you two totally different looks. At least they were cheap enough you can swap around until you decide the one you like best or maybe have the contemporary one for winter and the other flowery one for summer. People will think you are really flush then. At least it is great you got something.
January 22, 2013 at 7:28PM   
creeser
roo, that was MY bathroom. *L* See what happens when you try to read so many posts at bedtime? *L*
January 23, 2013 at 4:32AM   
creeser
I'm glad to see others pamper their pets like I do. My pampered pomeranian has his own chef. Me! And he waits for us to sit down and eat with him.
January 23, 2013 at 4:37AM     
ez, can you post some pics of your new shower curtains?
January 23, 2013 at 4:38AM   
olldroo
Creeser - no NOW is bedtime!!!! I'm starting to figure out why I never know what day of the week it is, I'm living in a parallel universe.
January 23, 2013 at 4:40AM     
astraea
NJ outlawed the feeding of waterfowl a long time ago, because geese, ducks & swans stopped migrating, and became “poop machines” at the local parks. I miss feeding them, because it was so nice to go in the spring, and be able to feed the babies!

Judy - I think on the east coast (NY/NJ), it’s either “pizza” or “pie” .. but rarely “pizza pie”. For a generation that says “OMG”, because saying 3 whole words are too much effort .. do you think they’d have the energy for “pizza pie”? (LOL) I considered moving up to the Narragansett Bay are of RI, after I retired, and even the Cape .. until I saw snowfall figures! And people told me that the Cape was kind of desolate off-season; not encouraging for a single.

BTW, how did your cat develop an addiction to water w/ice cubes .. unless someone got her started?

Olldj22 – Annandale/Hunterdon County are beautiful!! I used to love shopping in Flemington, but it’s gotten so incredibly built-up, over the last 30 years! Now Lambertville-New Hope are my favorite nice-weather places to visit!

Bobbi – Middlesex County may not be big, but had a population > 800,000 in the 2010 census .. that’s a lot of people!! I love New Brunswick’s “theater row”.
January 23, 2013 at 5:02AM     
olldroo
Hey did you guys see this piece in the latest updates -

Reckons it would be good for "older" people. Here we are managing a bunk bed in the OLLD house - heeheehee.
January 23, 2013 at 5:15AM   
astraea
Thanks for including the link .. you can check out my comment. My guess is that this is a great area, and unless the rental structure is controlled, the rates will skyrocket, and then the tenants will band together & turn it into another over-priced co-op!

Personally, I'm not ready for "home in a box", or feeling like a sardine in a can.
January 23, 2013 at 5:57AM     
Astraea, that's a pretty big population. We had a small, small section of it - 2,500 people!

I saw these microunits on last night's national news. They did a great job on the interior, furnished with multi-purpose furnishing.
January 23, 2013 at 6:00AM   
olldroo
Astraea, couldn't agree more, we see it enough here especially with apartments for over 55s and retirement villages. They try to make them as trendy as possible with top end appliances and fittings and charge a bomb.

Going to bed - night all.
January 23, 2013 at 6:10AM   
astraea
Goodnight Roo .. wish you were more on "our schedule"!

Maybe it's good for kids just starting out, but many would rather share an apartment, where each has a small bedroom, but there's a larger common entertainment/lounging area. A cousin's daughter shared a place in Greenwich Village with 4 other young 30-somethings she knew from school, for a few years. But when one married or moved away, the 4 left couldn't afford the rent!

I don't know how many older people would want to be rearranging furniture & dealing with a Murphy bed & fold up dining bar day in & day out. And there's so little storage space, you practically have to food shop every day; where do you put off-season clothing?
January 23, 2013 at 6:19AM     
No problem, ez, take your time! I have plenty on my to-do list today, I can wait!
January 23, 2013 at 8:07AM   
olldroo
Astraea, it would be nice to be closer to your schedule, from about 4pm each day when I do have time to sit and 'chat' you guys are all in bed - gets very lonely at times.

I thought you would enjoy getting stuck into the apartment piece. I just gave him a piece of my mind - trying to shove ollds into boxes!!!
January 23, 2013 at 3:14PM   
roo, how dare he!!! How are you doing with painter estimates? Any progress?
January 23, 2013 at 3:16PM   
astraea
I was surprised to see you post there.. I'll never figure out your schedule! I know what Manhattan is like, and there's just no way I'd live in a box like that! Home is supposed to be your sanctuary, and escape from the cubicles at work .. so going home to a "Murphy box" doesn't seem like an escape to me .. at any age!
January 23, 2013 at 3:22PM     
olldroo
HELP!!!! LIFE PRESERVER - I'M LOST IN CYBER SPACE.

Who has been creative with today's thread. I CAN'T FIND YOU.
January 23, 2013 at 3:34PM     
Yes! I'm not the only one with sticky merengue fingers!!! OLLD/23. Thank you roo, I was waiting for someone to notice!
January 23, 2013 at 3:35PM   
olldroo
Can't miss it when you can't find it!!!!
January 23, 2013 at 3:55PM     
OLLD 12/2
Good Morning! eztia - I found this in today's ideabooks...
OLLD 8/22
Good morning everyone, happy Wednesday. Hope you all...
OLLD 4/22
I did almost nothing yesterday, so today is catch-up...
OLLD 3/22
Sunny Friday .. no more snow for a couple of days!
OLLD 0/22
Dang........it was actually down right chilly this...
kitchen wood compatibility
I am renovating my kitchen. I like the classic look;...
White kitchen cabinet color
I am using an Alaskan White granite though it turned...
New House Practically Blank Slate
Just moved into new house--open concept living, dining,...
Soaring slanted ceilings. How to decorate???
How can one decorate with 20' ceilings that are acutely...
Living room
Wall art Can i mix framed art with no framed art...