Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
andrejoe

Need help for my boy`s bedroom new design

andrejoe
11 years ago
Hi everyone..
My Family and i recently moved to another house,not a big house actually, but quite good.
Me and my wife want to give surprise to our boy, he`s 16 now, we want to redesign his room. We already found a good design for him from this web

http://www.elliottspourhouse.com/affordable-kids-bedroom-sets/

we really like the green bedroom design from the web,
the questions are: any recommendation where we can get that bed set?especially in blue color and whats the estimation price for that?
and can u guys suggest me another bedroom design for boy?
Thanks in advanced guys!

Comments (15)

• Tang Gladys
    11 years ago
    Um....Maybe the modern one is better coz I think a 16 year old boy would love the modern one.The greening room is warm but it is a bit childish for him.Hope I can help you:)
  • Jayme H.
    11 years ago
    I like the idea, just would tweak it to be a little more grown up maybe?
  • andrejoe
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    @lisalovesquilts thanks! i should try the "pretending" ways..it`s really good idea :)
    @Tang Gladys: i also find it a bit childish for him, thats why i wanna change the color to blue, actually i also like the "wood bed concept" from the site i mentioned, but i think modern looks is good for him
  • andrejoe
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    @Jayme Hobbs:wow amazing!would consider that.where did u find that picture?
  • Natalie
    11 years ago
    Hi---you may want to look into having it custom made... Good Luck!
    http://vithouse.com/7-modern-contemporary-kids-loft-double-beds-furniture-design-tumidei-italia/
  • wellheythere
    11 years ago
    I would maybe try having a wooden loft bed or something of that nature so that you can put a desk or something underneath it. If you're really trying to splurge, I would suggest a flat screen if he doesn't have one already. Benjamin Moore has some nice blue hues and so does Valspar. Both are quality paint brands and can be bought at the local Lowes. I don't know your son's taste but I hope these helped.
  • wellheythere
    11 years ago
    Wooden loft beds usually cost $1000 and up.
  • Rawketgrl
    11 years ago
    WOW neat project! My 2 cents is he is 16 not 10. Just two years to "adult"hood. He would benefit from being involved in the process. I mean who knows maybe he will decide to become a designer, architect or builder because of it. At the very least you guys will have the opportunity to spend time collaborating on a project together and he can figure out what his tastes are. A rare treat for a 16 year old. I looked up teen boy bedroom ideas and got so many! Maybe he can start there? Set a budget for .him and let him figure out how to stay in it, with guidance of course. This sounds like a fun project!
  • Jayme H.
    11 years ago
    www.ciiwa.com
  • andrejoe
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    @Natalie: thanks for your reference ;)
    @wellheythere: Nah! wooden concept is also i have in mind now. so i think i have tough choices
    @rawketgrl: indeed! i think i should try the "pretending" concept mentioned by @lisalovesquilts before, and see whats happen :D anyway thanks for your references as well
    @Jayme Hobbs: gracias :)
  • lisalovesquilts
    11 years ago
    last modified: 11 years ago
    Andrehjoe I have to admit I love the idea of 'pretending' with him and then seeing his face when you reveal it to him! Should be a lovely surprise especially if he sees something he picked! Please post what you eventually plump for, I love a good before and after. I'm trying to inspire my 16 year old and when I showed him some rooms on Houzz I was quite surprised at his preferences.
  • Jayme H.
    11 years ago
    You're welcome Andrejoe...I have a 22 y/o boy..7 y/o boy & a 25 y/o girl...been thru a few stages!! lol...best of wishes for good luck in the endeavour!!
  • mikeamytina
    10 years ago
    16 is too old to be choosing his design for him, he will like it better if you say to him its yours and it can be whatever you want within reason, show him your suggestion and let him take it from there. Be sure to let him know if that means he can choose new furniture or color schemes or fixtures ie lights, shelves ,etc. i like the idea of having him browse here on houzz.com. You may indeed find his preferences are not what you think they are.
  • PRO
    Ward Designs
    9 years ago
    He's 16 - get him involved with furniture choices, color and design. If he goes for something you absolutely despise, (like black walls) you can take some elements from his options and come to an agreement. When both my children were in their teens, we worked together on their style and color preferences, but going in they were told that some of their ideas may not get incorporated (eg: my son wanted a wall filled with graffiti). Instead we ended up with a large white board where he could do his own graffiti on. And we all lived happily ever after......the end.