Need help for my boy`s bedroom new design
andrejoe
Hi everyone..
My Family and i recently moved to another house,not a big house actually, but quite good.
Me and my wife want to give surprise to our boy, he`s 16 now, we want to redesign his room. We already found a good design for him from this web
http://www.elliottspourhouse.com/affordable-kids-bedroom-sets/

we really like the green bedroom design from the web,
the questions are: any recommendation where we can get that bed set?especially in blue color and whats the estimation price for that?
and can u guys suggest me another bedroom design for boy?
Thanks in advanced guys!
lisalovesquilts
I like the picture you have selected. I have a 16 year old son and I know he'd like to have a say in his room decor. If you are going to 'surprise' your son perhaps you should try and find out what his tastes are. I do this by looking at things on Houzz and asking opinions of my kids pretending to do research for a friend. You wouldn't want to make a lot of effort and have him be politely underwhelmed!
January 22, 2013 at 5:25am     
Tang Gladys
Um....Maybe the modern one is better coz I think a 16 year old boy would love the modern one.The greening room is warm but it is a bit childish for him.Hope I can help you:)
January 22, 2013 at 5:37am     
Jayme H.
I like the idea, just would tweak it to be a little more grown up maybe?
January 22, 2013 at 5:44am     
andrejoe
@lisalovesquilts thanks! i should try the "pretending" ways..it`s really good idea :)
@Tang Gladys: i also find it a bit childish for him, thats why i wanna change the color to blue, actually i also like the "wood bed concept" from the site i mentioned, but i think modern looks is good for him
January 22, 2013 at 5:45am     
andrejoe
@Jayme Hobbs:wow amazing!would consider that.where did u find that picture?
January 22, 2013 at 5:47am     
Natalie
Hi---you may want to look into having it custom made... Good Luck! http://vithouse.com/7-modern-contemporary-kids-loft-double-beds-furniture-design-tumidei-italia/
January 22, 2013 at 6:06am     
wellheythere
I would maybe try having a wooden loft bed or something of that nature so that you can put a desk or something underneath it. If you're really trying to splurge, I would suggest a flat screen if he doesn't have one already. Benjamin Moore has some nice blue hues and so does Valspar. Both are quality paint brands and can be bought at the local Lowes. I don't know your son's taste but I hope these helped.
January 22, 2013 at 6:16am     
wellheythere
Wooden loft beds usually cost $1000 and up.
January 22, 2013 at 6:16am     
rawketgrl
WOW neat project! My 2 cents is he is 16 not 10. Just two years to "adult"hood. He would benefit from being involved in the process. I mean who knows maybe he will decide to become a designer, architect or builder because of it. At the very least you guys will have the opportunity to spend time collaborating on a project together and he can figure out what his tastes are. A rare treat for a 16 year old. I looked up teen boy bedroom ideas and got so many! Maybe he can start there? Set a budget for .him and let him figure out how to stay in it, with guidance of course. This sounds like a fun project!
January 22, 2013 at 6:44am     
Jayme H.
www.ciiwa.com
January 22, 2013 at 6:53am     
andrejoe
@Natalie: thanks for your reference ;)
@wellheythere: Nah! wooden concept is also i have in mind now. so i think i have tough choices
@rawketgrl: indeed! i think i should try the "pretending" concept mentioned by @lisalovesquilts before, and see whats happen :D anyway thanks for your references as well
@Jayme Hobbs: gracias :)
January 22, 2013 at 7:47am     
lisalovesquilts
Andrehjoe I have to admit I love the idea of 'pretending' with him and then seeing his face when you reveal it to him! Should be a lovely surprise especially if he sees something he picked! Please post what you eventually plump for, I love a good before and after. I'm trying to inspire my 16 year old and when I showed him some rooms on Houzz I was quite surprised at his preferences.
January 22, 2013 at 10:11am     
Jayme H.
You're welcome Andrejoe...I have a 22 y/o boy..7 y/o boy & a 25 y/o girl...been thru a few stages!! lol...best of wishes for good luck in the endeavour!!
January 22, 2013 at 11:44am     
mikeamytina
16 is too old to be choosing his design for him, he will like it better if you say to him its yours and it can be whatever you want within reason, show him your suggestion and let him take it from there. Be sure to let him know if that means he can choose new furniture or color schemes or fixtures ie lights, shelves ,etc. i like the idea of having him browse here on houzz.com. You may indeed find his preferences are not what you think they are.
March 3, 2014 at 9:44pm     
Need help with my new bedroom design
I bought this furniture for my bedroom but i can not...
Need bedroom design help for my daughters new house
My daughter bought a really expensive bedroom set before...
Need Help Designing My New Bedroom
We are building a new house and need some help with...
Need help designing a Boy's Bedroom/Guest Room
So I have a VERY traditional home, lots of molding...
How can we make this old Ikea set less sad?
This set is for my son's college apartment. It was...
Desperately needing a focal point
The furniture that I thought I'd lost a shot at reappeared...
Painting doors black in my kitchen and side entry
Do I have to paint ALL the doors on that floor black?...
Ideas for furniture placement/decorating this long room
Ideas appreciated for best furniture placement & decorating/paint...
Do we have to add tile behind stove?
Hi, We are finishing up an addition which includes...