Kitchen counters
nilysteinberg
We are starting a home renovation and I am trying to wrap my head around a lot of info. It seems that a lot of people are veering away from granite, and are choosing Ceasar stone or Quartz. I am curious what people think the best options are. BTW our house is a 1920's California Spanish home. What would you choose for counter tops...and flooring if you have thoughts. I don't want wood floors because I think they are impractical. I am considering terra cotta tiles or faux wood tiles. I am really excited but overwhelmed.
nilysteinberg
I mean that I don't want wood floors in the kitchen. Through out the rest of the house, we are planning to have wood flooring.
January 22, 2013 at 5:27pm   
Christen Hill
In a house like that, terra cotta tiles would be great. A little traditional, but still great. Maybe a slightly different idea but same old world feel would be brick tiles (or faux brick tiles). Personally, I would definitely pick quartz over granite. Seems to have more perks and less cons. As for color of countertop, that would depend on the rest of the house and kitchen.
January 22, 2013 at 5:59pm     
Joni Koenig Interiors
In a house of this size you can incorporate both wood and tile floors. For counters I would stick with a quartz product for ease of maintenance. You could use decorative tiles at the backsplash to bring in more character.
January 22, 2013 at 6:01pm     
My Living Room Layout, Need Help!
I am facing a problem as to where I should place my...
Slate for shower walls
Does this pose problems for cleaning or any other concerns?...
Ugly Boring Exterior
We purchased this little home, quite charming on the...
types of skylight and greenhouse tinting
Kitchen greenhouse is too hot. also fading of furniture...