Kitchen

pmimi01January 22, 2013
We need to replace our kitchen island counter top. That will also lead to replacing all the counter tops in our kitchen. Unless, we have an alternative. We just hate to spend the money for one and also we fear the stone tiles will be damaged in the process leading to another expense. Any suggestions? Thank you!
Gemini Design/Build, Inc.
What's the reason for the island top replacement? There are many instances when the island top is different from the other counters. They normally include a different color cabinetry for the island as well.
    Bookmark   January 22, 2013 at 6:01PM
pmimi01
Our dishwasher is new and without us knowing until to late the steam cycle caused the material to warp. The company is no longer in business that installed our counter tops. The company we called to come out to inspect the damage refused to take responsibility to repair it. So, our only option is to replace it. Thanks, Jean
    Bookmark   January 22, 2013 at 6:07PM
Creative Cabinets and Faux Finishes. LLC
You can change your island top no problem . Your perimeter doesn't need to match - just needs to blend. You may also want to change your cabinet color to accent it ! Goid luck.
    Bookmark   January 22, 2013 at 6:12PM
hparks74
Real wood butcher block just for the island is great and affordable. It would be a great accent to your already nice kitchen. Or replace the dishwasher it's cheaper.
    Bookmark   January 22, 2013 at 6:13PM
Gemini Design/Build, Inc.
Well, butcher block is off the list then. My suggestion would be to find a local countertop installer that can show you a variety of material options. You may find one that would work with your other existing top. You could also paint the island cabinetry if you desired to offset the island completely from the rest of the kitchen. I would look at a quartz product for the top, and make sure to find out how wach of the options behave with steam cycles. Good luck.
    Bookmark   January 22, 2013 at 6:14PM
pmimi01
Our steam cycle has been disabled but the issue of the counter top remains. Thank you all for your input. We will now consider these options. Thank you!
    Bookmark   January 22, 2013 at 6:22PM
Dottie Sellick
paint the island cabinets a different color and go quartz to compliment the rest of the room.
    Bookmark   January 22, 2013 at 6:40PM
Already gutted my kitchen. Want Hemingway Key West Colonial kitchen.
I've gutted my kitchen and want to do a total redo...
Mike JB
Love this kitchen! Can you tell me how wide the kitchen is?
The kitchen looks about as wide as my kitchen, however,...
cdennis1
Need help with kitchen design around a kitchen beam
I am remodeling a lake cottage and want to have matching...
jvcrobin
Galley kitchen "before" - Pub style kitchen "after"!
When buying our home my husband and I knew we wanted...
cjastin
Tell us: What would you hide in your Secret Room?
More and more often, we see photos on Houzz of secret...
Need help with the design of the House.. Please Comment
Building a house of about 3200 sft for a family of...
skinhealer
Fireplace Redo
We are doing some updating in our living room. We tore...
drtl
Picture placement
This is my guest room---definitely "shabby chic." ...
nancycath
Paint colors?
I am planning on keeping the shutters the current color....
ChuckandDebi Adams