drawer latches?
hilnaric
January 23, 2013 in Photo Questions
I really like the way the godmorgon looks without any visible hardware. Did you use some kind of push latches for the drawers and doors? If so, which, please?
Pegasus Construction LLC
The cabinets are from Ikea and they have a special latch that releases when you gently push the cabinet in. When you close them, they recatch.
0 Likes   February 24, 2013 at 5:38AM
hilnaric
Thanks very much for your response, but I'm confused. They look like Godmorgon cabinets, which don't come with any latches, but a long ugly pull (in the white finish). When I asked in our local ikea about using something like the UTRUSTA push latches (the ones for the Besta series), the ikean said no, it wouldn't work because the Godmorgon drawers are too heavy. So my question is just what the latches are.
0 Likes   February 24, 2013 at 4:57PM
Pegasus Construction LLC
I talked to my Ikea rep here in Austin and she said that they used the Besta latches. She says that typically they are used in the living room area of the store for bookcases, etc (and that the departments don't always like to play nice together) and that they may not be covered under the warranty, but it can be done. She, also, said that if they believe the drawers may be too heavy, they can always use more. Hope that helps.
1 Like   February 25, 2013 at 8:23AM
hilnaric
Thank you so very much for taking the trouble to find out the details. It's very helpful.
0 Likes   February 26, 2013 at 9:24PM
Pegasus Construction LLC
Not a problem! Happy to help.
0 Likes   February 27, 2013 at 7:28AM
Copper Chambers stove ~ keep or scrap?
In our new home, not only do we have the one of a kind...
Jackie Confer
Kitchen countertop
We are trying to come up with an alternative to the...
gordsc
shareing idea books
How can I allow a contractor to view my ideabooks?
cwilliams111
How can I improve this staircase?
I have the weirdest staircase. The stairs leading up...
littlemy
Whole house update?
My husband and I are considering purchasing a home...
elleannie