Need help with the planning of small galley kitchen
burkydog2
We are trying to decide what kind of cabinet finishes would be best for a small galley kitchen. Thought cream painted cabinets but learned you can see cracks in the paint finish over time. Any other suggestion?
Jayme H.
In small area I like lighter colors better. White or off-white would be pretty. Depending on the cabinets used, the finishes should not "crack". I had white cabinets that came that color and were not painted and they did not crack. Are u using existing cabinets? If you are repainting your own cabinets, proper prep and use of appropriate products is the key.
January 24, 2013 at 4:09pm   
burkydog2
We are getting new cabinets. What kind of wood did you use?
January 24, 2013 at 4:34pm   
Norm Walters Construction Inc.
Maple
January 24, 2013 at 7:32pm   
Jayme H.
A lot of people seem to be moving away from oak, I think Maple is a good suggestion. Are you buying stock cabinets or having them made? If a cabinet maker is involved, they are experts at helping you with the look you want.
January 25, 2013 at 6:28am   
Deborah Butler, Brickwood Builders
Painted wooden doors will almost always crack and that is not warrantied by the company as it is disclosed up front. The wood expands and contracts and hairline cracks will appear on the joints. If you want painted cabinets, you can use wooden boxes and mdf painted doors and those will not crack. There are, however, limitations on the door and drawer styles with mdf. I love mid-tone maple cabinets in small spaces so they don't make the space feel too small. You can always accent with a couple of painted pieces.
January 25, 2013 at 8:23am   
Need Help For Exterior Update!
I have an older home, with a stucco exterior. I would...
Help with colours for dining room table and console table!!
Hi! We need to buy a dining table set (to replace the...
What is best (white) paint for kitchen cabinets
I live in CA, and I think Dura Poxy from Kelly Moore...
where do I put bathroom necessities ?
I have a medium size master bath with little room for...