Hello Everyone!
EZ~Honey Do KitchensJanuary 25, 2013
I am wanting to get some sort of consensus as to whether or not you would buy kitchen cabinets from an online dealer. If so, what would help you the most? If not, what is your main objection?
Would buy kitchen cabinets online?
Would not buy kitchen cabinets online?
olldroo
Cannot see actual quality online. Online purchasing should be a fantastic thing, it would be helpful to so many people, especially when many are time poor these days but sadly there are too many sharks out there that have ruined it for everyone. You would have to give an ironclad guarantee to tempt me. Online testimonials are meaningless too - anyone can write them, the more glowing the words the more suspicious I become. I am a cynic!!! :)
1 Like    Bookmark   January 25, 2013 at 9:50PM
EZ~Honey Do Kitchens
I hear ya!!! So glad we have Houzz to keep us honest on the testimonials! Thanks for the input! I am guessing a personal referral would not sway you either (?)
    Bookmark   January 25, 2013 at 9:55PM
olldroo
A personal referral from someone I knew or you knew???
    Bookmark   January 25, 2013 at 10:07PM
EZ~Honey Do Kitchens
Actually - from previous customers that worked with me on kitchen projects. I do find that some of my customers want a different contact than myself when they are considering a large purchase and I am happy to accommodate them. As an online business I am always looking for ways to improve my product lines and dispel any doubt. It's an upward climb for sure!!!
    Bookmark   January 26, 2013 at 5:44AM
olldroo
I wouldn't hesitate to use online if someone I knew had used it successfully, recommended it and showed me their project so I could see for myself. Even builders and tradesmen rely on that for business. What someone else thinks is great, isn't necessarily my idea of great either. Some products you can send out samples, which a lot of online places do, but cupboards are more the joinery and construction that is important - how do you put that online???

I am hoping to put a new kitchen in this year and your diligence here would very much tempt me if I were a local. I checked your profile too and your photos look great but not my cup of tea. US kitchens are so much different to ours.

If only the world were honest - how easy life would be for everyone!!!
    Bookmark   January 26, 2013 at 6:13AM
Jayme H.
No, but my husband can build cabinets. Really, stock cabinets that people buy are not custom made..so I guess, as olldro mentioned...an"ironclad guarantee" would help convince people, and also testimonials would be beneficial.
    Bookmark   January 26, 2013 at 6:30AM
EZ~Honey Do Kitchens
Thanks for the compliment! Sorry to say, I can only ship within the States. Here...Here on if only the world were honest! :) I agree with you on construction so I only sell products that meet certified manufacturing requirements and are available through retail stores.

Thank you so much for your time and all your great input and the best of luck to you when you get ready to do your project!
    Bookmark   January 26, 2013 at 6:31AM
EZ~Honey Do Kitchens
Jayme,

Thanks for the input! We have lots of cabinet makers here in Houston too and they do a great job but are finding that even their builder business has dropped off because of the consumer demand for factory built cabinets. I think both types of cabinet types have there place.

Something I would like to interject here - just some food for thought. As a online business, an ironclad guarantee is very risky for a dealer. We are also susceptible to scam artist and consumers who look for ways to keep more money in their pockets at the expense of the retailer. Again, it's the few that makes it difficult for the whole. This might be a good time to blog about this! :)
1 Like    Bookmark   January 26, 2013 at 6:46AM
olldroo
Thanks, my pleasure .......... ooops, I get into terrible trouble from my granddaughter, I have to say "you're welcome".

So are you looking at doing retail and online? Retailers wouldn't like that but at least people could see your product.

Just had a thought, do you have any furniture or home expos there where manufacturers show their products and generally have a stand set up with examples. That would be a great place to get started - time consuming but worth it long term.

I really must get to bed but good luck to you too.
    Bookmark   January 26, 2013 at 6:48AM
olldroo
We crossed here but wouldn't a blog be like preaching to the converted!!
    Bookmark   January 26, 2013 at 6:50AM
EZ~Honey Do Kitchens
More like informing those on the fence....:)
1 Like    Bookmark   January 26, 2013 at 7:53AM
Hello Everyone, here's a link to my Studio Page. I...
Doro Studios
Help me with my reception room
Hello everyone Would u plz help me with this room....
muntaha2010
Hello Everyone
Hello this is my first post
My-Design
Staircase solution
Hello everyone. we are trying to figure out the best...
debcvny
Hello Everyone! Please stay tuned......some new projects...
Kim E Courtney Interiors & Design Inc
Need help choosing colors for newly remodeled living room, etc.
We are remodeling an old house by removing a hall wall...
Sherri Turner
Styling long wall behind sofa
Really unsure how to arrange pictures on this long...
205wea
Please help completing my great room
It is a very bare space at the moment as I have focused...
Stefanie
need help with colors
my living room is small and it is a mobil home i have...
plentyoffish
I don't know how to start
Decorating ideas please
lalycute