need plumbing help
j1oann
When I run the shower there is a loud ticking sound when the water drains and lasts well after the shower has stopped. Could this mean there's a leak somewhere?
marykayrenaud
Your drain could be plugged up with hair, soap scum,etc. Home Depot has a product to clear the drain. I can't remember the name of it but it the hd people will know
0 Likes   January 26, 2013 at 5:14AM
dwighmcleod
I don't recommend using draino, if you're not careful it will ruin the finish on your drain and if you have an older home with cast iron it could damage your pipes. I always use a tool called zipit, you stick it down the drain and it has barbs on the side that will snag the hair and remove it from your drain. You may have to do this a couple of time to remove all the hair but it's worth it knowing you have a clear drain.
0 Likes   January 26, 2013 at 6:09AM
Ironwood Builders
Is your drain slow? I can't tell if its clogged from out here in California...but the ticking sound? Do you have a vinyl shower pan? And is your drain piping ABS...black plastic? A hot shower can cause plastic to expand...and contract as it cools. ID look to see if any of these parts are contacting a dissimilar material. The vinyl pan not adhered to the mortar base below or the ABS touching the wood subfloor as it comes out of the pan. A leak is pretty easy to detect. If there is water dripping in the crawl space or basement after your shower, or the ceiling of the room below the shower has a big wet spot on it...something is leaking. Call you plumber!
0 Likes   January 26, 2013 at 7:18AM
need help re plumbing shower
well the previous owners had a cheap freestanding shower...
reit38
beckyjoswa
Need help with plumbing choices!
For our traditional cottage home. Seeking low maintenance...
lcfs
Need help with plumbing choices!
Seeking advice for kitchen sink and faucet for traditional...
lcfs
Need Shower Plumbing Help
I need manufacturers of a 1/2" thermostatic rough in...
paulsherman
Need Help With Hanging Paintings
Moved from a larger house into a smaller 2BR condo....
luvinlex
Stove & sink layout complicated because of low window
Hi! I've been lurking around here for a year and am...
L W
curtain
can curtains or glass division b done in this bathroom...
aaliya2122
how difficult is it to white wash oak stained cabinets?
I have beautiful oak cabinets that are stained but...
stephaniethain
kitchen hardware
what color hardware should you use on off white/ chocolate...
Katie