Kitchen Renovation Backsplash Help
katedees
We are renovating our kitchen and need help with the backsplash. Using Yellow River Granite and selected Walker Zanger Vibe Suede Field tile initially for backsplash. That tile isn't available in time so our designer suggested the Walker Zanger Vibe Suede Hustle Hex instead.

It has been ordered and has come in but now I am afraid I won't like the pattern for a kitchen backsplash. Seems more like a bathroom tile.

Any suggestions?
victorianbungalowranch
I think with a darker grout it can look great! The light grout is harder to keep clean and emphasizes the pattern.
January 26, 2013 at 11:02AM   
trasgorshek
I see what you're saying katedees. What about doing more of a subway tile layout throughout with the Walker Zanger Vibe Suede 3x6 to keep pattern to a minimum so it doesn't fight with your granite. Then leave pattern for just a square section above stove under hood but more of the Moroccan pattern like pictured.
January 26, 2013 at 11:08AM   
trasgorshek
Was the 3x6 in the field tile the one that wasn't available or is it all standard sizes??
January 26, 2013 at 11:10AM   
lesliemahler
I don't think it looks "bathroomish" at all. Go with your gut, though. You're the one who has to live in your kitchen!
January 26, 2013 at 11:14AM   
katedees
It is the 3x6 field tile that wasn't available - which was my first choice. I love the color of the vibe suede but I am having a hard time envisioning the hex as the backsplash.

Any thoughts on if I turned it on its side, rather than have it vertical?
January 26, 2013 at 11:42AM   
katedees
More like this...
January 26, 2013 at 11:45AM     
bajamer
I would wait to get what you really love. the back splash is one of the last things and can be done after the fact if necessary. Don't settle because of timing-get what you want.
January 26, 2013 at 11:52AM     
trasgorshek
Completely agree with bajamer. Your tile isn't cheap and it will be something that you will look at all the time. Get what you want the first time around.
January 26, 2013 at 12:14PM   
What to put above this bench
This bench is in the entrance way as well as the front...
Where should I put the tv - mantle or wall?
Bought a new condo, now I just need advice on where...
Drape-gate
Due to a Houzz issue and amount of comments on the...
Giant Gator Art?
First, thank you to GroverAxle who helped me get started...
Need help updating
Newly engaged... Just moved in... Stressed beyond words!!...