Paint colors
kristinkeyes
January 27, 2013 in Design Dilemma
I need major help with paint colors! We moved into our house about a year ago, and since then I've changed my mind with paint colors about 5 times. I'm looking for something cozy, but still fresh and natural. Our living room is currently a sort of mint green with the office a couple of shades darker. The adjacent dining room is a maroon with burnt orange undertones and the kitchen that is adjacent to that is now a gray color. I like the gray but would be okay with warming it up a bit. I feel that none of these rooms go together and they need to have some cohesive tones. I'm thinking maybe a yellow-ish for the living room and a brownish green for the dining room. HELP!
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tahourdin
Living area Buck wheat by Martha Stewart. It goes with anything and is very smart looking. Go a shade darker in the dinning room. White trim. You can accent with anything using these colours.
Regards RE
0 Likes   January 27, 2013 at 12:49PM
michigammemom
I like the fresh contrast of your white slipcovers and trim molding with the green paint...a breezy, cottage look. However the dining room projects a totally different style with dark wood and dark walls. What style appeals to you most?
2 Likes   January 27, 2013 at 12:52PM
Genevieve
I agree with michigammemom,
0 Likes   January 27, 2013 at 12:56PM
kristinkeyes
I like the freshness of the living room but I find that I don't like to spend much time in there because it isn't very cozy. I don't mind the dining room color but I think the pairing of dark walls with dark floors is a bit too much for me, and I also want something a little less formal since we don't have an eat-in kitchen.
0 Likes   January 27, 2013 at 1:00PM
Genevieve
If you could find the same chairs as the one that you have in your study they would lighten up the room ,a glass table would be nice a round one if possible, a large plant on fron of the window and change the light fixture to a more modern one .
0 Likes   January 27, 2013 at 1:11PM
More Discussions
Help on Renovating Bathroom
Want to renovate our bathroom any suggestions?
Let's play with my Snazzy Garottage project
We're building a carriage house (we prefer the term...
Space near Kitchen help
Any thoughts about this area.i'de like to tweak it...
Dining Room help -- paint and wall decor needed?
I need design help! I want my dining room to look "finished"...
Close to pulling all my hair out. HELP PLEASE!
I'm not sure which countertop to go with between two...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2014 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™