I have the same setup of window in my living room. How much fabric was used in each section?
llspen
January 27, 2013 in Photo Questions
Designworks Interiors, LLC
The height of the windows is approx 180 inches and each panel is approximately 2 widths. So, 2 widths (54" to a width) times the height which is about 5 yards for each panel. Hope that helped. Fabric is difficult to measure for unless you are a sewer. There are many factors like repeats of patterns etc that comes into play. That should at least give you some sort of idea.
January 27, 2013 at 2:48pm     
momxkalabur2012
I love the window treatment. What is the measurement for the cornice? Is it padded? Is the fabric attached to the length and width of the cornice? How are the panels attached to the cornice? Thank You for sharing.
June 6, 2013 at 5:36pm   
Designworks Interiors, LLC
Hi! Thanks for the question and sorry for the delay in answering. Each cornice is 18" wide by 22" high plus fringe which extends the length a few inches. They are made on a board that is lightly padded and the material wraps around and is stapled in the back (fully upholstered). The panels are on hook eyes that are screwed into the back of the cornices and hang by regular curtain pins at each pinch pleat. Hope this helped!
June 17, 2013 at 8:13am     
momxkalabur2012
Thank you for sharing your design. I am appreciative and wanted you to know that. I thought that I replied with a thank you earlier. Sorry. I am somewhat computer illiterate.
September 22, 2013 at 5:13pm     
Designworks Interiors, LLC
Only here to help. Thanks for your reply. :-)
September 23, 2013 at 7:09am   
jmsmommy
Is there something on the lower and upper windows? If so, what was put on the windows? I have the same set up and I am worried about privacy however, I really want custom window panels for my two story windows. I attached a picture of my windows so you can see they are pretty much the same!
October 7, 2013 at 7:19pm   
Designworks Interiors, LLC
Wow, yes, very similar. There are roller shades on both the lower and upper sets of windows for privacy and sun control. The uppers are motorized for convenience.
October 7, 2013 at 7:57pm     
jmsmommy
Thanks! Are solar shades and roller shades the same? I think they are not, but figured i should ask. I was thinking solar shades for our windows
October 7, 2013 at 8:26pm   
Designworks Interiors, LLC
Yes, solar shades are roller shades, but using a screen type fabric. There are many opacity levels to choose from which vary the amount of privacy. Hope this helps.
October 8, 2013 at 8:32am   
Is it possible to get a four piece bathroom in this space?
Hi, at the moment we have a situation where we want...
Need help to redo our house and landscape
Please find attached the pics of outdoors.This place...
should I have a central A.C or split units in special rooms
I want to put an A.C system in the house. But I heard...
What should I do with this brick?
I'm planning to redo the siding on my house, need ideas...
Giant Gator Art?
First, thank you to GroverAxle who helped me get started...