What is the one home material you've been looking for but haven't been able to find?
All Architectural StoneJanuary 27, 2013
AAStone would love to hear what's trending amongst home/business owners; specifically what type of materials (slab and tile) and designs you have not been able to find, but want.
Brenda Fisher
Drift wood like tile! Would love to find a copper look accent tile for backsplash, not the penny round! Also would love to see a unique tile layout that is easy to put together yet looks geometric or patterned. Think quilt pattern layout, they are great at dimensional design. Vibrant colour no more busy tiny beige and white Please!
    Bookmark   January 30, 2013 at 3:00AM
Copper look countertop tiles, ceramic, glazed, would be great
    Bookmark   January 30, 2013 at 5:00AM
All Architectural Stone
Thank you for sharing your responses on HOUZZ with us @Brenda Fisher and @olldbobbi! What do you think about the following materials?
2 Likes    Bookmark   February 1, 2013 at 10:05AM
0825sam
Brenda fisher - I was just at best tile the other day and they have lots of copper accent tile
    Bookmark   February 1, 2013 at 10:10AM
All Architectural Stone
Also, if you're on the west coast, please do stop by our warehouse for our selections (copper and other vibrant colors). If we don't have what you're looking for, we will definitely work with you to get it!
1 Like    Bookmark   February 1, 2013 at 10:23AM
All Architectural Stone - OMG, I love love love those tiles! I will save my allowance for them :)) In which part of the west coast are you located? They're pretty much everything I've been looking for!
1 Like    Bookmark   February 1, 2013 at 12:15PM
Oh, wow, you're in Santa Clara! That's not so far from me. I'll have to set aside a time to see them in person. They are awesome!!!
    Bookmark   February 1, 2013 at 12:34PM
olldroo
Sorry to be a downer but I remember the pattern of those tiles from the 1950s/early 60s - ok I'm old - and as trendy as the finish is I still see 1950s. Even the pattern in the tile was similar.

Brenda Fisher - have you seen the tiles now that look like planks of wood? They are amazing. I have seen one that looks like driftwood too but they may be too big for where you want to use them
1 Like    Bookmark   February 1, 2013 at 7:30PM
onthefence
My wishlist item may not even exist. I'd love to have something like soapstone...only in a cream or white. I love the texture and the ease of fixing small scratches, etc. I just don't want something as dark as soapstone.
    Bookmark   February 1, 2013 at 7:40PM
Island Soapstone
Onthefence - try a white or cream quartzite like White Macauba (left) or Taj Mahal a.k.a. Madre Perola (right) in a honed finish. They would give the visual softness of a soapstone in the colors you prefer, but with the added benefit that they are so hard, scratches would not be an issue!
2 Likes    Bookmark   February 2, 2013 at 9:36AM
All Architectural Stone
@olldbobbi - We'd love to see you in our showroom! We are growing our showroom so we are sure you'll find out what you're looking for.
1 Like    Bookmark   February 5, 2013 at 8:25PM
onthefence
Island Soapstone - thank you for the suggestions. The thing is - one of the things I love about soapstone is the tactile feel of it. Granite just doesn't seem to have that. The Madre Perola IS pretty though.
    Bookmark   February 5, 2013 at 8:29PM
Need help with my living room
I don`t know, but something is wrong with this living...
Tia Mia
Open floor plan paint
I am gutting my kitchen and thinking of putting in...
ekerby
Need help designing a window seat.
I own a 1910 craftsman home with a beautiful 10-foot...
karencuresky
Sitting room lighting
Hi, I'm looking for ideas for lighting for our sitting...
brynna2112
guestroom advice needed
Thanks in advance for your help! I have this guest...
decorgirly