Need help in my eating area,
ralevras
Hi there, we renovated 4 years ago and were very ignorant not to use a designer.. I have this kitchen area where I wish I had a window or a bump out and could install an eating bench with a round table.. Any thoughts anyone? Is it too squished? Island is approximately 3 feet away and bar island right next...
pud07
First thought that hit me was to tile the wall and maybe try a cool picnic table . If not tile, then maybe some cool painting you like that would trick the eye into seeing depth.
0 Likes   January 28, 2013 at 8:25AM
A bench or banquette would be ideal along the wall.

1 Like   January 28, 2013 at 8:34AM
yfuoco
I'd put a free standing small settee..you can keep the round table or change to a rectangle with 2 chairs on the opposite side. If you keep the chairs you have I'd change the colour to something warmer and perhaps with a pattern to tie in with the colours that you already have. I'd do a grouping of 4 to 6 pictures of perhaps a chalkboard/message board above.
0 Likes   January 28, 2013 at 8:40AM
ralevras
Thanks everyone, great ideas....funny I have a free standing settee that I was going to sell, I may have to re-think that..
0 Likes   January 28, 2013 at 8:52AM
A bench on the wall, a sleeker table, rectangular and then a couple of chairs, as Dy suggested. I like this table in the picture I am attaching and the size in comparison to the wall.

0 Likes   January 28, 2013 at 12:55PM
popeyefur
you could do a really nice banquette area and just keep 2-3 chairs on the non-wall side. the scale of these chairs is too big for that table, and too big for your space really. if you do a banquette, keep only 2 of these chairs. if you get slimmer chairs you can probably do three

2 Likes   January 28, 2013 at 1:15PM
ralevras
Now only one problem.. This table and chair area is the first thing you see from the front door...
Will an attached banquette look too cluttered?
0 Likes   January 28, 2013 at 4:08PM
Frustrated with windows
My living room (and much of the house) is full of yellow...
stained baseboard with painted chair rail
Does it make any sense to have a painted chair rail...
chiseled granite kitchen countertops
Should the chiseled portion only be on the sides or...
I need help! Does anyone have an idea to cover up old red couches?
I have a couch and a matching loveseat. Both deep red....