Need help in my eating area,
ralevras
January 28, 2013 in Design Dilemma
Hi there, we renovated 4 years ago and were very ignorant not to use a designer.. I have this kitchen area where I wish I had a window or a bump out and could install an eating bench with a round table.. Any thoughts anyone? Is it too squished? Island is approximately 3 feet away and bar island right next...
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
pud07
First thought that hit me was to tile the wall and maybe try a cool picnic table . If not tile, then maybe some cool painting you like that would trick the eye into seeing depth.
0 Likes   January 28, 2013 at 8:25AM
PRO
Dytecture
A bench or banquette would be ideal along the wall.

1 Like   January 28, 2013 at 8:34AM
yfuoco
I'd put a free standing small settee..you can keep the round table or change to a rectangle with 2 chairs on the opposite side. If you keep the chairs you have I'd change the colour to something warmer and perhaps with a pattern to tie in with the colours that you already have. I'd do a grouping of 4 to 6 pictures of perhaps a chalkboard/message board above.
0 Likes   January 28, 2013 at 8:40AM
ralevras
Thanks everyone, great ideas....funny I have a free standing settee that I was going to sell, I may have to re-think that..
0 Likes   January 28, 2013 at 8:52AM
judianna20
A bench on the wall, a sleeker table, rectangular and then a couple of chairs, as Dy suggested. I like this table in the picture I am attaching and the size in comparison to the wall.

0 Likes   January 28, 2013 at 12:55PM
popeyefur
you could do a really nice banquette area and just keep 2-3 chairs on the non-wall side. the scale of these chairs is too big for that table, and too big for your space really. if you do a banquette, keep only 2 of these chairs. if you get slimmer chairs you can probably do three

2 Likes   January 28, 2013 at 1:15PM
ralevras
Now only one problem.. This table and chair area is the first thing you see from the front door...
Will an attached banquette look too cluttered?
0 Likes   January 28, 2013 at 4:08PM
More Discussions
Frustrated with windows
My living room (and much of the house) is full of yellow...
stained baseboard with painted chair rail
Does it make any sense to have a painted chair rail...
chiseled granite kitchen countertops
Should the chiseled portion only be on the sides or...
I need help! Does anyone have an idea to cover up old red couches?
I have a couch and a matching loveseat. Both deep red....
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2014 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™