Need help with window treatment in great room connected to open kitchen.
jaclynd
January 28, 2013 in Design Dilemma
We have an open floor plan with no wall between our kitchen and great room. Our kitchen solarium has a wall of windows and we have ticking stripe cafes (white with tan stripes) on the lower windows and the same valance on the top windows (folded over so they are not real long). They are hanging with brushed nickel clip rings on nickel tension rods. I am working on the family room windows and want to hang natural woven roman shades with a white linen panel. My question is: should I stick with clip rings or can I use a grommet style of a rod pocket panel? I also like the oil rubbed bronze look for the hardware for the great room. I thought it would be ok to mix the two...thoughts?
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
decoenthusiaste
Grommets are a bit industrial and clip rings are casual as is ticking. I think rings are on their way out, but grommets will be around for a while. If your linen panels are stationery, I would not worry about either, but do simple rod pockets, and in fact I might just get a short rod for each side of a large window. If windows are single, then a decorative rod and rod pocket panels. Floor to ceiling is the best way to hang them but since we don't have pics, not sure of the right recipe for you. More pics = more input from Houzzers. Don't think mixing metals is a problem unless you have really close proximity with windows in the two areas.
January 28, 2013 at 5:17pm   
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
jaclynd
Thank you for your feedback. I am attaching some photos (no paint yet so lit if white wall space). Let me know if you would recommend. Anything different after seeing these. Thanks again!
January 28, 2013 at 6:07pm