Need help choosing a grey for our master bedroom
jchau
we will be putting 3 even boxed trim moulding on the wall behind our very dark cherry sleigh bed. I've always wanted grey walls but not sure what's the best grey paint colour to go with all the mouldings. My style is traditional and like to throw in modern pieces. we will eventually add mirrored night tables and crystal and chrome lamps and chandelier. Need help with a grey paint colour that's light, warm and inviting.

Thank you for any help Houzzers
Brenda Fisher
My favourite greys are from Behr. Light: quietude is subtly blue or "subtle touch" lavender undertone. Medium tones: "silver screen" (blue) "gentle rain" (lavender). Dark: "pewter mug" "porpoise". Really dark: "elephant ears". Depending on your light I would go with a medium tone on the wall behind the bed and a lighter tone on the other walls. On the tray ceiling put the lighter on the bottom and increase in depth of colour going up. On the ceiling go light again. If your room is less than 9 foot ceilings mix your lightest grey down 2 shades. If your ceiling is higher or has a lot of light you can stay lighter. The most successful grey rooms I have seen mix the sheen also. The dark behind the bed a matte or velvet and the lighter walls more reflective perhaps eggshell. Just remember that the more sheen the more minor imperfections will show. If you have a light box in your tray ceiling consider painting an inner portion of the tray with a more reflective finish in a shade more rich like the lavender or blue or whatever your undertone is. If you have white trim balance it with black accents in the room. Very classic and contemporary backdrop for the room. Have fun!
January 29, 2013 at 3:48pm   
jchau
thanks Brenda, I will look into those colours
January 30, 2013 at 6:54pm   
Decorating a stair landing
Would like something besides empty space on my stair...
Need help with kitchen countertop!
We're in the process of building a home and we have...