Stones were in the garden, or put it in place?
Yaroslav
January 29, 2013 in Photo Questions
Jay Sifford Garden Design
Hi. Thanks for the question. There are some large boulders on the property, but all of these were purchased and placed.
0 Likes   January 29, 2013 at 4:00AM
Yaroslav
How long overgrown with moss new stones or something for this was done?
0 Likes   January 29, 2013 at 4:51AM
Jay Sifford Garden Design
Since this is my personal garden and have a fairly wooded lot, I went moss collecting in the woods and attached it to the rocks. It's moist enough so it did quite well. I've had better luck collecting moss on my property than buying moss commercially.
0 Likes   January 29, 2013 at 10:02AM
rudy4dawgs
This is your personal garden?? Glorious! I live in Raleigh and have a wooded lot with a creek on low ground - very moist. Lots of native ferns and moss... and rock. The way you planted this is just amazing. When I imagine how I want my yard to look, I picture something like this. I love how moss can make a relatively new garden look like it is 200 years old. This front fern looks like a Christmas fern - except for its size. Is it evergreen? Would you mind terribly posting a pic of what this area looks like now, in Feb.? One morning last June, I picked up 3 lbs of slugs... this imbalance may just be part of the early stages of "rehabing" an abused piece of land -I hope. Do you have a slug issue? How do you drag yourself away from this every day to go to work?? :)
0 Likes   February 2, 2014 at 3:35AM
Jay Sifford Garden Design
Hi Rudy. Thanks for the feedback. Yes, it's my garden. The front fern is a Christmas fern, yes, and it is evergreen as are the autumn ferns which are most predominant in that garden. In the very front, by the driveway, I have some very large ostrich ferns ('The King' is the cultivar) They are awesome but deciduous. I have some slugs but use slug bait.

It's very cloudy today so I won't take any February photos today but will try to remember to take one for you. How do I pull myself away? I design gardens for other people and need the creative outlet. This garden does make me smile when I finish my work day though.
0 Likes   February 2, 2014 at 5:42AM
Need advise for buying comfortable stylish chairs
I am in a dilemma over designing the small living room...
mydesignworld
My old dinning room needs some help!
Hi guys! i'd like to improve my dinning room,to add...
Carina Oşan
How can I improve this kitchen nook?
Ok design enthusiasts, what would you do with this...
kimberlysc
Looking for a tall soap dispenser for a vessel sink
In keeping with a minimalist bathroom ethic, I'm trying...
lgpitman
Our plans, any suggestions?
We worked with a builder and came up with these plans....
a145263