Trying to decide what to hang over bed....help!
wenwha
I am in need of new lamps, what to hang over bed, accessories, etc. I just hung linen sheers over the weekend. I really like them. I was thinking of getting two black white beach photos to put in two frames over the bed. These frames are more cream that I thought they would be they were called white. I might exchange for the modern white color. Do you like the white euro shams in the back or are they too stark against the bedding? Any suggestions or ideas would be appreciated!
wenwha
better photo of nighstands
January 29, 2013 at 6:20am   
Jayme H.
is your fur iture brown or black? Color to the right over your bed is not right. Pics showing lamps...
January 29, 2013 at 6:26am     
Frank Webb's Bath and Lighting Center
I like the white shams and they match the curtains so that is fine, as far as lamps go the ones you have are a little small, perhaps go with something taller with a more modern shade like this one from Feiss
January 29, 2013 at 6:27am     
wenwha
It is mahogany. Like a dark cherry finish. The walls are painted Sherwin Williams rainwashed.
January 29, 2013 at 6:28am   
Jamie Gamble
I'd match the objects over your bed with the frame of your bed or side tables. If its a picture the mat would look good if it matched your whites/creams in the room.
January 29, 2013 at 6:31am     
Jayme H.
From my pics you can get somewhat of an idea what dark and light would look like as far as accessories over the bed...
January 29, 2013 at 6:33am   
Design & Decor By Shelley
You need to add deeper colour to warm this space up..Deep brown cushion accents, co-ordinate the blues and browns and cream together..I like the first picture Jayme posted..Perfect example.
Your bedside lamps are too small..Opt for a nice cream colour shade.
Pictures on the wall behind your bed should have darker frames otherwise they get lost on the wall.
January 29, 2013 at 6:37am   
wenwha
Do you think the white linen sheers are too light for the room? Should I have gone with something heavier?I was trying to lighten up the heaviness of the wood... Love the pics Jayme posted!
January 29, 2013 at 6:50am     
Frank Webb's Bath and Lighting Center
I think the sheers are fine and it helps to lighten up the room, I agree with some of the other posts about using a darker wood frame on any pictures you hang up over the bed
January 29, 2013 at 7:01am   
Design & Decor By Shelley
My suggestion would be to change the blinds and curtain panels to a nice cream colour..
January 29, 2013 at 7:06am   
Blinds Direct Canada
I would suggest removing the sheers and putting up Decorative 24'' drapery panels it will give you a more polished look.
http://www.blindsdirectcanada.com/drapery-toronto/panels.html
January 29, 2013 at 7:44am   
Lighting and Locks
You might try a fandelier. It will give you more light and you won't lose the air flow option from your current ceiling fan.
January 29, 2013 at 7:51am   
Jayme H.
Try a white throw at the end of bed, and see how current window treatments look. If you go with creamy lampshades, I would switch windows to creamier color.
January 29, 2013 at 7:53am   
BeyondFrames
Replacing the ceiling fan will make a big difference. Also the lamps are a little small . White sheers look good as long as you pair them with lamp shades or anything else and as long as you are looking for an airy feeling. If you envisioned warmer . cozier bedroom then heavier, in a cream color window treatments would do the job.
I attached the photo below for the art above the bed as well as for lamps and even window treatments - though I would go with cream velvet or cream faux microsuede

January 29, 2013 at 8:11am   
Trying to decide what photos to hang?
I enjoy taking photos and I've finally decided to print...
need help deciding how to hang curtains over sliding door!!!
The lady who made the custom curtains for me originally...
Trying to decide to hang the drywall ourselves or not
So we are finishing our basement. We had a quote for...
Need help for my modern living room
Hi, I have a Natuzzi dark chocolate brown leather sectional....
Need help picking out countertops!
I am in the middle of a kitchen remodel and could really...
Help with accessorizing new media console
Hi, we recently purchased the PB printers collection...
Exterior Stone and Brick Colors!
We are in need of some great brick and stone combos...
I need a grey color!
Houzz friends please help!!! I am in search for a great...