Kitchen appliances
meliaabee
January 29, 2013 in Other
I would like to know a brand of appliances that works and lasts a long time. Is there such a beast?
I wish I could say yes, but I can't. I think different appliance makers have strengths and weaknesses with different appliances (some make good dishwashers but terrible ovens; others make great ovens but bad refrigerators, etc.) Plus the construction of appliances has changed so much over the years that companies that used to have long lasting ones have changed their design and quality so that buying them now you just don't know how long they'll last. So my Kitchenaid dishwasher and GE range both lasted almost 20 years each before we renovated our kitchen. But would those brands still last as long? I have no idea as their products are so different now from 20 years ago. So I think you need to do a little research on each appliance--what brands seem to be specially good with that appliance, rather than across the board. Hope that helps. I know that it can be both confusing and time consuming making choices.
January 29, 2013 at 6:17pm   
creeser
To add to feeny's comment, I don't think things are built to last like they used to. We just bought new appliances a few months ago and luckily the store owner was someone we've used a lot in the past and I just went with what he recommended. All ended up being Whirlpool.
January 30, 2013 at 12:19pm   
EXTERIOR - From Bland to Beautiful...how?
I'm looking for ideas for enhancing my home's exterior....
Help design my country/vintage/modern idk what it is kitchen!
Okay, here is my kitchen. Just had the granite installed...
Buyers Remorse
Oh Houzz gurus. We bought a house. It was a bidding...
Need a custom size area rugs, what are my options?
Need a rug that is 11' x 13' to fit properly in out...
Not white! What color?
Edwardian reno. Center hall is Linen White, dining...