What can I put in the open area in my living room/kitchen area
kerry6633
I have a 10.5 foot by 7 foot area that is part of living room/kitchen area. What could I do with it? Table and chairs?
Here is an example of a table to 'fill' up this area. It could double as a game table I suppose.

January 29, 2013 at 6:39pm     
handymam
Well if you don't have a table to go there, you could slide the furniture down a bit or rearrange it somehow. It looks a bit crowded up that end. Perhaps move the couch to the opposite wall from where it is, but the loveseat where the couch is now and the chair by the windows and the end table. I see some toys and I know they are hard to work into the decor sometimes, but maybe a big basket with a removeable top to stash them in would be usefull, yet not scream that toys are in there.
January 29, 2013 at 6:39pm     
Too bad your floors are laid in such a way as to over define the separate areas because your living furniture really looks crowded in around the FP. I would "L" the sofa and love seat with all their front feet on the area rug (you really should consider a larger one with some of your green in it.) This would put the large sofa floating across the visual divide, loveseat on the wall. Move the chair in the corner with the table in front of the arch window. I suggest trying your large colorful art over the fireplace. Hang green drapes floor to ceiling at that window as the photos below. Raise rods for the other two windows and hang drapes as high as they can go and still kiss the floor. Get a buffet style credenza to back against the long sofa so it can function as a sofa table and become a server for casual dinner parties. You can display 2-5 of your family pics from the mantel there. Add a round table and chairs in the kitchen end of the space with a great drum chandelier and add some more colorful art as a finishing touch.
KBK Interior Design Portfolio
INTERIOR
Supon Phornirunlit/ Naked Decor
Hollywood Residence
January 29, 2013 at 7:05pm     
kerry6633
Totally agree on the larger rug, just saving up the money for the one I want. Also the thing you cannot see is the other wall that thd chair is on has French doors to the deck so I cannot put furniture blocking it..ugh. I hate corner fireplaces!
January 29, 2013 at 7:16pm   
cctuttle
Nice space. I would create two conversation areas. Agree on bigger rug. Agree that the love seat is too crowded where it is. A nice flow through conversation area piece is a bench...
May 30, 2014 at 9:30am   
Warner Decor
I agree that a bench would be nice. here are a few ideas for you:
http://deciture.com/the-stunning-wood-fabric-bench/
http://deciture.com/the-comfortable-wood-fabric-bench/

Hope this helps you!
May 30, 2014 at 9:37am   
Need help with my first open plan living room/kitchen
Hi all, my first post here... so here goes..! This...
I am in need of idea on how decorate my living room/kitchen
I am going crazy trying to figure out how to decorate...
How to get the look I want for my living room/kitchen
Hello! I am looking for some help with my living...
Need curtain advise for Open Space Living Room/Dining Room/Kitchen
Hi, I am trying to decide what to do with the many...
Great imagination needed for my family room
We just moved to a new house, my giant brown sectional...
What does luxury mean to you?
The beauty of Houzz is that you can get inspiration...
Need Help in Bathroom - Can't decide what colour towels I should buy.
Hey guys, I can't redo my guest bathroom at this stage,...
Best Dishwasher Detergent?
Some of this probably hinges on the style and effectiveness...
Need help with soft furnishings for a living and dining room!
Total amateur furnishing a house from scratch for the...