Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
inochka

need help (wall color)

Ina
11 years ago
Curtains are going to be different. Painting too. Need help with wall color. Thank you]]]

Comments (24)

• PRO
    Shannon Ggem Design
    11 years ago
    I really like your mix of the reclaimed wood table, the modern cahirs and the chandelier. Perhaps a smokey purple (like BM Pebble creek) above the chair rail and white below (to counterpoint the chairs), or a very grey green.
  • Gabriela Manciulea
    11 years ago
    What color are the window treatment going to be? Are you planing to use a rug as well?
    I would go with a darker color below the chair rail and a lighter one above it.
  • 14thstreet
    11 years ago
    Are the chairs black?
  • F L
    11 years ago
    With your elegant chandelier I would paint the walls a medium grey, depending on how much light the room receives. Test samples on each wall. It would be interesting to put a ceiling to floor, stationary curtain panel on each side of window on the facing walls(short walls) in your choice fabric and a textured shade on windows. I love the contrast between the table and chandelier,so I would keep the table and slip cover the chairs...perhaps.
  • 14thstreet
    11 years ago
    This is the first color that came to mind - a smokey green with a blue hint. Don't do anything dark, keep it medium to light since your furniture is already very dark. Use a deep red as an accent color in an art piece. Play up the glam of your chandelier with a metallic framed mirror on the other side and an arrangement of antique silver candlesticks in the middle of your table.
    [houzz=
    Cliffside Inspiration · More Info
    ]
  • Ina
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    last modified: 11 years ago
    Chairs are brown. Table silver. Wat's going to be on the window's i don't know yet!? What's better on the wall: Art or Mirror?
  • Keitha
    11 years ago
    Something like this warm gold/gray combination?
  • Gabriela Manciulea
    11 years ago
    A mirror reflects the light and gives the illusion of bigger room - art , in my opinion, reflects your personality and makes an interior look warmer.

If you haven't decided yet what are you going to use for window treatments, I'd suggest to take your time and try to figure out a color palette that make you happy, an just then go on with painting the wall and accessorize further on.
  • PRO
    Cheery Curtains
    11 years ago
    Here are some curtain designs you may be interested in. Mouse over the image for a full view.

For more curtain designs, welcome to my Houzz page!
  • Gabriela Manciulea
    11 years ago
    Do you have and open space dinning - kitchen; dinning - living room?
    Having silver table and brown upholstered (I guess?) dinning chairs I would go with warm grays for wall - grey with brown undertones (different shades as I suggested above).
    Crisp white for the trims .
    Taffeta , Dupioni silk or similar elegant fabrics for window treatments to match the beautiful chandelier.
    Going for warm neutrals will easily allow playing with accents afterwards - either bright red, teal, purple, citrus or others - and gives the chance of having a "totally" different room someday without making a big investment.
    Warm grays are not only easy to work with but they are also timeless an elegant.
    For the wall decorations, I would choose framed art, mirrors (whatever you choose) , with wide , simple frames to match the table. Playing with frames to bring the table, chairs and chandelier together it's much easier than if using unframed canvas.
    Also, not sure if your dinning rooms allows, a side table or something similar with additional lamps and accents would bring life , warmth and richness to your dinning.
    To achieve those at least a rug is mandatory.
  • Ina
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    Thank You!!!
  • Ina
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    What kind of windows treatment would work beeter in the room? Plain as on the first photo, or as on the second photo, of course in different fabric?

I appreciate your advices
  • 14thstreet
    11 years ago
    I like the plain.
  • PRO
    Barbara Griffith Designs
    11 years ago
    I prefer the second because of the panels..but keep the panels simple. First purchase..add pattern by choosing a great rug..Second select simple drapery panels and sheers. Third using the rug and drapes choose your wall color..after you have the rug and drapes take a new picture and photoshop different paint colors to see what hue you like. Then choose a color or 2 and buy samples and paint on poster boards to look at the color in your room day and night. It will look very different. I would paint the same color above and below the chair rail OR a slightly darker shade above the chair rail and a lighter shade below the chair rail..and a lighter one again on the ceiling.
  • Ina
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    Take off curtains and art. Looks a little better:)
  • Ina
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    Finally :)
  • Gabriela Manciulea
    11 years ago
    Congrats! I love it! It looks so much brighter. Dine in style! :)
  • vasfam1
    11 years ago
    This is beautiful and elegant!
  • Ina
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    Thank you!:)
  • Ina
    Original Author
    11 years ago
    Next step window treatmens.
  • jl6066
    11 years ago
    Here's an idea: Moroccan Brown (Sherwin Williams) on top of chair railing and below add molding and paint white. This brown tone helps tie all wood colors together as well as other brown tones in this room. Good luck!
  • Ina
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    ok , finally!
  • Gabriela Manciulea
    10 years ago
    Hmm, I'll be there for dinner! :)
    Do you also consider a rug?
Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida