Different carpets in different rooms?
keciamarsh
I need to select carpeting for my upstairs that includes 4 bedrooms and a hallway. Is it strange to have different color/types of carpets in the hallway vs the bedrooms? Should all bedroom flooring match? We are thinking smart strand in the bedrooms and berber in the hallway. Help!!
Have lived with that back in the 70's and am done with it. OK to switch from hardwood/laminate in halls, foyers, kitchen, bath to carpet in the bedrooms, but I think it should stay consistent and neutral. The individual style of each room can be enhanced by layering area rugs over the berber you mentioned.
1 Like   January 30, 2013 at 3:34PM
keciamarsh
I like a higher pile type of carpet but am concerned about its wear. We have a 6 month old and I know he will be running the hallway and playing on the floor, so I want it to be soft.
0 Likes   January 30, 2013 at 3:45PM
If you have different colors/types of carpet in the bedrooms the house sort of looks like a "patchwork quilt". I would do all one carpet/color style and make sure it's quality carpet/pad.
0 Likes   January 30, 2013 at 3:51PM
curacaoblue
We bought our house with hardwood downstairs and the stairs and halls have Berber. The bedrooms have plush white. I hate it but I see why the people chose it. It held up very well with kids and pets. We plan to replace shortly. Just an idea if you want something for high traffic areas that will stand the time and something more comfy for the bedrooms
0 Likes   January 30, 2013 at 3:51PM
keciamarsh
CuraƧao we have the same setup, wood on the main level and wood stairs. Do you have a runner on your stairs? we have so many decisions to make ASAP!
0 Likes   January 30, 2013 at 4:11PM
curacaoblue
No the entire stairs are carpeted. We have e floors. I forgot to m Erin the 3rd floor is also Berber. It's the one floor we won't be rue carpeting
0 Likes   January 30, 2013 at 4:15PM
curacaoblue
Good grief autocorrect
0 Likes   January 30, 2013 at 4:15PM
keciamarsh
Thanks to you all I am going with one carpet for the hallway and bedrooms. Now, what color carpet would you lean towards? The hallway is fairway oaks and the bedrooms are collingwood.
0 Likes   January 30, 2013 at 5:29PM
How about a carpet with a little pattern (but classic) for a little style? Something like this would hide dirt and complement your colors. It is also neutral so you can change the individual room colors with paint and accessories.

0 Likes   January 31, 2013 at 2:35PM
Great
Amazing website !
Need help in bath rooms
If I have brush nickel faucets but want dark framed...
need help with my lounge and dining to take shape
i need paint,accesories and furniture advice to dress...
Need lighting suggestions for double volume space
I have a large living area with a sloping double volume....