Bedroom blues
mrsmckay
My master bedroom is a beautiful slate blue that I am love and we have large statement furniture that is gorgeous but now after 3 years and many trials and errors in design ideas I have come to a wall I don't know what kind of bedding or decor to use to make the room feel complete and not just a bunch of stuff thrown together!! Any help is welcome
Wallmark Custom Homes
I think one problem with the room might be the brown furniture. Add some white would help brighten up the room.
0 Likes   January 31, 2013 at 12:36PM
nononanna
Can't tell what coor you have on the bed, but in general I think that the room is basically good. You need a bed covering and drapes - perhaps silver or cream?
0 Likes   January 31, 2013 at 12:36PM
I think one problem is you have a large amount of large furniture. I would def lighten up the walls and remove all the furniture and things that aren't absolutely necessary in that room.
0 Likes   January 31, 2013 at 12:41PM
mrsmckay
I had thought of adding some mercury or white bedside lamps to brighten it up a little as well as some lighter bedding the stuff on it right now is a hodge podge of dark blue and a dark khaki I bought some taupe sheer panels to hang but havent found a curtain for I'm in love with yet
0 Likes   January 31, 2013 at 12:42PM
mrsmckay
The bassinet is def going very soon as our new little guy is now in his own room and the chair is possible also going... We are looking for a console/sideboard for the wall with the TV but the unfortunate problem is that due to a lack of space elsewhere we really need almost every piece of furniture in the room now if not more for storage I had thought about doing something with the walls but the furniture is so heavy and my hubby loves the furniture so its def not going anywhere do you thing just changing the bedding and adding some sheers to the windows will help or is it still going to be a problem?
0 Likes   January 31, 2013 at 12:52PM
Looks like you have a little guest sharing your room, which could account for the excess furniture. Start by switching the dresser and chest of drawers so the larger piece is on the longer wall and the tall narrow piece is on the shorter wall. I note your carpet is beige. Are you sure you wouldn't do better with a greige for your paint? There are many shades to choose from (check the Houzz tutorial.) The grey/blue, but it isn't working with your furniture. If you love it, why not put it somewhere else in the house? Take down everything that is hung on the walls, remove the excess furniture, including the baby items. Flip the two pieces I suggested and see if your head seems clearer. You'll want to consider drapes, perhaps the sheers, but not until you've lightened the room in all the other ways you can. Don't see any lighting in your pics, so that must be considered. Have you thought of having a built-in made for the flatscreen? It doesn't have to take much of a footprint and will make tucking it out of site easy.
0 Likes   January 31, 2013 at 12:57PM
Larger mercury glass lamps would be amazing in there. Try to eliminate all the trinkets on all surfaces. Can you move the tall dresser to where the crib is, and place the tv on top? That would solve the problem of where to put the tv and hide the cords. White bedding is a must, especially with the mercury lamps (white shades, natch!). And just a small thing, what you have over the bed could be lowered a bit.
0 Likes   January 31, 2013 at 1:00PM
mrsmckay
We are actually having hardwood floors put in eventually since our 3 little ones have destroyed every inch of the carpet... Do you think putting the dresser on the longer wall will create a problem with people feeling like they are walking into furniture? I clean clutter off the tops everyday and it really does look much more open but unfortunately doesn't stay that way for long LOL I do think the chest of drawers is to tall to put on the wall with the TV but we are looking into a media console of some sort... Thank you for the advice I don't think reprinting is an option at the moment due to the new baby and things I will certainly keep that in mind when it is possible
1 Like   January 31, 2013 at 1:07PM
Help for my bedroom
In my bedroom i have no free walls. 2 of them have...
dmh4nic
What's your favorite holiday decor item?
Is there a piece of holiday decor that you can't wait...
Am I heading in the right direction?
My goal is cottage style with craftsman influences....
Wendy
What's on your nightstand?
What do you keep handy when you go to sleep at night?...
Need advice in living room...
I always wanted to face the fireplace and open up my...
alesiarhea