Bathroom tile

dinarossiJanuary 31, 2013
Hello, I am thinking of buying these 12x24 tiles for the walls and tub area of this bathroom. The floor will be grey 12x 24. Do yo think these tile would be a good choice? Also, how should the floor and wall tiles be placed pattern wise? I have selected stainless steel, glass white and black mosaic tiles for the backsplash. If you have any other suggestions that might be useful when looking at the pics please let me know. FYI all fixtures will be changed to white.
jordankeen10
That bathroom is horrific
1 Like    Bookmark   January 31, 2013 at 4:24PM
DirectBuy of Fort Worth
LOVE the new tile choice.. here are a couple pictures of pattern designs to consider. Just imagine your tile colors instead.
2 Likes    Bookmark   January 31, 2013 at 4:37PM
I'm confused about whether you're planning on using the same 12 x 24 tile for everything. If that's the case, then fine. If not, then STOP! You mention what your backsplash will be, but not what your countertop will be. Please let us know ASAP.
    Bookmark   January 31, 2013 at 5:20PM
dinarossi
Thanks for the quick reply. The countertop you see is new and is white quartz. The vanity has been painted the colour you see, but the doors will go back on once the tub gets removed. The white tiles will go on the walls and in the tub area. Floors will be grey, and the backsplash will just go above the counter. How should I pattern the tiles, side by side or brick?
    Bookmark   January 31, 2013 at 5:55PM
Unless you're going for a quite contemporary look, I'd use a brick pattern, layed offset. The bathroom should blend with the style of the rest of your home, or perhaps, the direction in which you're headed in the rest of your home.
1 Like    Bookmark   January 31, 2013 at 6:14PM
KJ Tiles Artistic
You inquired about best tile pattern for 12 X 24 tiles. Well, bricking the floor will add interest and stacking the wall tiles creates a clean, neat look by aligning the grout lines.The total effect is visually appealing and will enhance your tile choice!
1 Like    Bookmark   January 31, 2013 at 6:15PM
dinarossi
So, brick on the floor and stacking on the walls?
    Bookmark   January 31, 2013 at 6:17PM
Sure, a nice combination, unless your house is ultra traditional in which case I would use brick pattern in both areas.
    Bookmark   January 31, 2013 at 6:23PM
dinarossi
Thanks Carolyn!!!
    Bookmark   January 31, 2013 at 6:26PM
You are very welcome! It's going to be a beautiful bathroom!
    Bookmark   January 31, 2013 at 7:00PM
Kerstin Dieterich Designs
Big tiles are great, just be careful that the surface is completely level. There is not as much room for error. Also make sure that you have plenty extra.
    Bookmark   January 31, 2013 at 7:44PM
rawketgrl
Really exceptional! Harvest gold to WOW! What a beautiful change this will be.
1 Like    Bookmark   January 31, 2013 at 7:59PM
Central coast marble and granite
Running the 12's vertically will give the shower a taller look, definitely running bond on floor lengthwise
    Bookmark   January 31, 2013 at 8:19PM
Heights Homes
Are those two toilets or is one a bidet? Be careful with those big tiles in a small space like a shower. Because of their size there are likely to be very few full pieces, which defeats the purpose of a big tile and makes installation much more difficult, especially if you plan for an accent band or a shampoo niche. You may want to consider smaller tiles for the shower. What is your shower pan made of? The floor will have to be an even smaller tile. I think a good rule of thumb is, the smaller the area, the smaller the tile should be.
    Bookmark   February 1, 2013 at 5:07AM
dinarossi
It is a bidet, and will be white. I am thinking of stacking the wall tiles vertically. It is a tub with a shower in it, so there is no floor just tub. Also, I am putting 12x12 on the ceiling of the tub area. The floor will be payed in brick pattern. Thanks everyone for your responses!
    Bookmark   February 1, 2013 at 5:57AM
Natalie
The tile you have selected should be applied vertically in a staggered/brick pattern. Go all the way to the ceiling in the tub area. If you want to add an accent in the tub, do a rectangle or square inlay of your backsplash tile in the center of the back wall. Make sure to add pencil trim above and below the accent tile of the backsplash. Good Luck!
    Bookmark   February 1, 2013 at 6:10AM
Denise Campbell
My home has 12x12 on the floor and 3x3 on the wall. Just so you know, it is very, very cold in the winter. I have brought in a small heater that I have to run while in the tub or shower. I freeze when I get out. It is nice in the summer because it stays cool, and keeps the bathroom cool, but I'm not sure I would do it again.
    Bookmark   February 1, 2013 at 10:55AM
N Dobos Architecture
Tile should run horizontally, no brick patterns. Make sure the tile guy makes the joints as small as possible. The grout color should match the tile.
1 Like    Bookmark   February 1, 2013 at 2:11PM
Master Bathroom Tile Shower/Tile Floor
tile floor is combination of different shades of green,grey...
custom stone tile
Colored VS Neutral Bathroom Tile
When it comes to bathroom tile, do you prefer colored...
Jeannie Nguyen
Help with Bathroom Tile Choices.
Anyone ever used Susan Jablon clear glass iridescent...
Rose DeClerck
tiling the bathroom - tile halfway up the wall in the entire bathroom?
I am using white subway tile in the bathtub area and...
mjbudde
Bathroom tile in a 5x9 guest bathroom
While my husband and I disagree on the style for the...
gch1957
Tell us: What are your best space-saving tips?
Do you have the ultimate way to load the fridge, handle...
differences +
what is the difference between super white granite...
dorothyrudick
White granite? Advice appreciated!
White granite? Black or stainless steel sink? I want...
silviaiacozza
Area Rug Help
Please help me with an area rug idea. The one we have...
cordovag
Walnut Veneers... how do I?
I am in the process of renovating a 60 year old bungalow....
Jessica Berry Design