Knobs for cabinet
cathyann54
Please give me advise on what kind of knobs should I put on the island in my kitchen. The other cabinets are dark burgundy finish with nickel finish knobs and handles for the drawers. I want to do something different on the island. Thank you so much
Ironwood Builders
I think oil rubbed bronze knobs, a squashed ball in a hammered texture, would set these cabinets off nicely.
January 31, 2013 at 8:39pm     
cathyann54
So oil rubbed bronze knobs would go with the nickel knobs on the other cabinets?
January 31, 2013 at 8:57pm   
cathyann54
These are the other cabinets in the kitchen
January 31, 2013 at 8:59pm   
abbshel
I think you should stick with the nickel and match, or go totally different and use decorative ceramic or glass knobs/pulls on the island. I would not do Oil rubbed bronze.
January 31, 2013 at 9:06pm     
I'd keep the finish the same. You could do a different style? Like cup handles. Can we see the knobs on the burgundy cabinets?
January 31, 2013 at 9:06pm     
apple_pie_order
Try the same style knobs in a different finish than the nickel ones. The oil rubbed bronze suggested by Ironwood Builders is probably the closest finish to the burgundy cabinets. It's the inverted color scheme Ironwood suggests that is clever.
January 31, 2013 at 9:07pm     
cathyann54
Do you think it would be ok to use the oil rubbed bronze squashed ball style even if it is a different style from the nickel knobs and handles?
February 1, 2013 at 6:55am   
Brushed nickel bin pulls could be interesting and a change from what's on the other cabinets. You would use the bin pulls on the drawers, but knobs on the doors. If you want to change metals, I would go with black.
February 1, 2013 at 7:04am     
Christine
I think a little shimmer and sheen would look lovely against that gray paint on the island.
February 1, 2013 at 7:18am     
cathyann54
Is it ok to mix the style and finish of the knobs on the cabinets and the island?
February 1, 2013 at 7:30am   
panjatty
I put bar pulls on my bathroom drawers and love them. Something like these.
February 1, 2013 at 7:53am     
cathyann54
The door is actually the garbage can, do you think I should just put all pulls in oil rubbed bronze on the island ?
February 1, 2013 at 8:05am   
Barbara Griffith Designs
I would use the same pulls or the bin pulls of the same material, anything else will look as if it were an afterthought.
February 1, 2013 at 8:12am     
Since what looks like a door is actually the garbage can, you could use the same pull on it as you are using on the drawers. But I would not like for you to use oil rubbed bronze!
February 1, 2013 at 8:51am     
abbshel
I do not think oil rubbed br will look good against your gray island. Either stay with your nickel or use glass, crystal pulls, ceramic that pulls your granite in, etc.
February 1, 2013 at 2:04pm   
Christine
I think it is fine to mix up styles as long as there is a consistency to the "look". I think oil rubbed bronze is a very pretty but dark and heavy look and given that beautiful gray it they would just pull the kitchen down a bit. You already seem to have a lot of dark going on. So I would stay focused on bringing in light and lightness to the space.
February 2, 2013 at 6:56pm   
Living Room: Something is Missing...
Just moved from a 1BR apt to a 3 bedroom house. I am...
patio
Do i need to pull permits for patio
Please critique my floorplan
This will be a 2 stories mountain house. Floor plans...
Need help to finish my guest room.
I fell in love with this comforter and have decorated...
Help design my country/vintage/modern idk what it is kitchen!
Okay, here is my kitchen. Just had the granite installed...