My Guest Bedroom

bryony11January 31, 2013
I am about to redecorate my guest bedrooms and want to do it pink an d white,but i dont want it to look to childish i would like a soft femin look
Are most of your guests women? I would do a guest room that is appealing to both sexes. But, if your style is pink/white, I think just keeping the pink a subtle pink (not bright) and have luxurious fabrics and sophisticated prints with low contrast will keep it from looking childish.
    Bookmark   January 31, 2013 at 10:20PM
Cassidy Wilton
I agree with Darzy.
1 Like    Bookmark   January 31, 2013 at 10:38PM
Keitha
Cassidy, great pictures. The second photo is so nice it makes me think of pink/coral in a whole different light. Very elegant and sophisticated!
    Bookmark   February 1, 2013 at 12:18AM
LB Interiors
Darzy, a very good idea, re: unisex. ..... Adding to that I would switch it out.

I think I would have a predominate color or neutral or soft color (male in mind) choice that would primarily be appealing to men on the walls or any soft color that doesn't scream - woman. Can add navy, lapis, blue/green colors on bedding or with accessories with white in the room. Pink is definately a girly color.
For yourself in the room, I would build on the neutral large scale elements by adding small doses of pink with items that are inexpensive, removeable from the room and easy to change out for colors that men are more comfortable with.

Examples below.
1. (this pic is only used for color demonstration, not for design style) Man guest (add a royal blue or black pillow and dark tan to the colors already in this room pic)
Not the design style - Woman guest - switch out the aqua pillow, add more pillows in pink, aqua, blue green. Change pillow covers with a fabulous multi-print pink combination, or a pink faux fur & purple faux fur pillows, add some purple or lavendar with a coverlet on top of the bed. Add your pink accessories elsewhere.

2. When a man arrives - Switch out the pink bedskirt for a black one or a co-ordinate for the room, slipccover the chair a royal blue. Remove pink print pillow, replace with black

3. For yourself and women guests ... add your pink pillows, fuschia, magenta. aqua, vases in the room, pink multi-print throw on the bench, switch out pillows and replace with 2 shades of pink, Add some purples to the room.
For men - add some cocoa and royal blue accents, some books with black binders on the bench or on the end table.

Montecito Guest House · More Info

Katie Rosenfeld Interiors · More Info
Master Bedroom · More Info
    Bookmark   February 1, 2013 at 12:19AM
LB Interiors
In addition, for yourself regarding any choices you make, I would add a glass or crystal vase, some mercury glass, a crystal chandelier for lighting, acrylic base lamps for the end tables. A muliti color pink small area carpet

Then remove the feminine small items to create a male guest room. Remove all the items that are pink. Remove the crystal, mercury glass, Replace those items with a wood box on end table or carved african animals, leather pillows, add branches in a clear glass vase. (chandelier stays) (lamps stay).

This is just to give you some examples of how you can switch out with accessories for a man or woman. Of course, you don't need all the items that were mentioned. I don't want you spend a lot of money on the items for a man. You may have something from other rooms that you can make a trade.
    Bookmark   February 1, 2013 at 1:37AM
Katerina Tana Design · More Info

Meredith Heron Design · More Info

Bedroom/Office Suite · More Info

Bookmark   February 1, 2013 at 3:41AM
LB Interiors
Walls colors or bedding - to work with YOU and a male guest:
Soft - blues, blue/green, blue gray, gray blue, greens, warm taupe, tans, beiges, purple gray, white, cream, coffee latte, mocha. Pick YOUR favorite color for the walls. Maybe some of these will work for You in mind. Accessorize with your items that are pink.
    Bookmark   February 1, 2013 at 8:54AM
Guest Bedroom
I'm having a difficult time finding the right paint...
nicsilver
Need help for my Guest Bedroom
I bought a brown leather tufted daybed and have it...
beautifulritz
Need help with my guest bedroom
I began my project wanting to mix my Old World decor...
vendolyn
Want to update my office guest bedrooms
I have no sense when it come to decorating or the cash...
dizlyn
Help with my guest bedroom
I am not able to connect the dots. Without breaking...
contemporarystylin
Corbels
What are the best dimensions if I want four decorative...
bigcees
hard to remove wallpaper
We remodeled our old farmhouse in the 1980s. At that...
jmschiferl
Help for Living Room Wall
Need help for large wall in formal living room. Very...
beckyluck
Bodbyn: Grey, White or both?
The IKEA-affiliate designers suggested all grey in...
jenlee123
Floor tile for Master Bath
We have chosen "Vintage" Delicatus Cream...
larrysabo