Balance on Fireplace
pondfrog
February 1, 2013 in Design Dilemma
I have attached a photo of our family room, should I place the same white unit on the right side of my fireplace to balance the room ( I do have one in the box). I will be replacing all my furniture and hanging larger colourful pic above the fireplace once I find it. thanks
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
PRO
Centsible Designs, LLC
You are right to consider balance, and yes I think using a matching one on the other side would work well. You say you are replacing the rest of your furniture - not sure what your desired end look is, but once you have a good idea what the overall look will be, it might be nice to paint both of these units - maybe something like a soft dove gray...
February 1, 2013 at 5:25am   
aniluap2
Yes definitely use the other unit on the other side.
February 1, 2013 at 5:42am   
PRO
Dytecture
I also agree with another unit on the opposite side. It could even be taller to match the height of the TV.
February 1, 2013 at 5:44am   
tennisanyone
Yes I agree with the others, use the same cabinet on the other side. Then I would take down all the art and put only two pieces (maybe the red ones) above the fireplace with the two candlesticks to start. Take a picture of the whole space and not just the fireplace. I would like to see what is on the other side by the dining room. Do you have a chair there?
February 1, 2013 at 5:59am   
More Discussions
Which way does this lamp go?
Base is the top, or is it right now?
fireplace help
We are remodeling, added hardwoods and have a corner...
Staining Birch
In building our new home, our designer helped us choose...
What do I do with this GAUDY Rococo Bedroom Set? Help
So, very good friends of mine moved to the Yucatan....
HELP! Galley Kitchen with Crema Bordeaux Granite
Trying to find the appropriate wall tile for the above...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2014 Houzz Inc.
Houzz® The new way to design your home™