Amazing tiles! How to use these?
Architectural Antiques
What do you guys think? These tiles are beautiful, circa the 1930's or so. They're from all over, they're marked Belgium, England, Italy, etc. Would you make an eclectic backsplash? Other ideas?

Thanks for your time and help!
tmaxs
I think you could use them in a staircase, like in the footplate of a stair, not the stair itself; mixed in with other tiles of like type or solid colors. You could also use them in the garden. Create a scene using tile, shrubbery and a bench for an outdoor retreat.
February 1, 2013 at 9:26AM   
bubblyjock
My parents had some of those when I was a kid, and my dad made some simple little coffee tables and incorporated the tables into them. They were very useful, and absolutely charming, and a great way to enjoy the variety of tiles without them being lost on a bigger space, such as a backsplash.
February 1, 2013 at 9:34AM   
staciedpost
Gorgeous! I love the stair idea! You could also use assorted tiles in complementary colors as a focal point in the backsplash (behind the range) or a "chair rail" in a smaller room. I also like the idea of just framing them and displaying them as the artwork they are!
February 1, 2013 at 9:47AM   
Used as wall art…like in this picture. What a find!

February 1, 2013 at 10:00AM   
nasmijati
In a house in Spain, tiles were used at chair rail height down the length of a hallway.
February 1, 2013 at 2:44PM   
Danielle B
These would make a great statement for a petite powder room.They would also make a great impact as a tiled mirror surround. Just google it and will see plenty of example :-)
February 1, 2013 at 3:00PM   
aniluap2
Depending on your house style you could alo use them in a fireplace surround
February 1, 2013 at 3:02PM   
jill9will
I incorporated antique tiles in my mud room bathroom in backsplash wall, shower & floor- adds vintage charm to new materials
February 1, 2013 at 3:03PM   
aebj
They are beautiful!! I've been looking for something like that for my kitchen. If you don't have a place to use them, frame them and hang them on the wall.
February 1, 2013 at 7:17PM   
Architectural Antiques
aebj, they are for sale! If you would like to purchase them shoot us an email at sales@archantiques.com. We'd love to see them go to a good home!
February 6, 2013 at 8:27AM