Is Benjamin Moore the preferred paint brand?
kittt29
Just curious as almost every post on paint references this brand if its much superior to other brands? Are there any other comparable brands or something a bit lower in price, or in the long run is the higher quality going to pay off? Curious for my future painting projects! Thanks!
Good Manors, Inc.
I'm a design professional, and I must say that Benjamin Moore (preferably) or Sherwin Williams are well worth the higher costs. How often do you want to repaint? Spend a bit more upfront and be sure to use the right gloss level for your surfaces--I know you'll be pleased with the outcome!
0 Likes   February 1, 2013 at 11:25AM
PLATEMARK DESIGN
We use BM all the time - and Sherwin Williams is quite good as well. A poor paint quality can end in very disappointing results. Be sure to use the proper tinted primer if you'll be using dark colors to achieve the correct color.
0 Likes   February 1, 2013 at 11:31AM
kittt29
Thank you both! I figured as much when I saw that most designers on Houzz always refer to that brand. I will be moving soon and just plan on repainting a few rooms, but once I find something I like I usually keep it for awhile so for long term I would prefer the higher quality.
0 Likes   February 1, 2013 at 11:39AM
Eagledzines
Benjamin Moore and Sherwin Williams are good quality. I also like the colors of Ralph Lauren but don't have a lot of experience using it. Sherwin Williams paints seems a bit brighter to me. I like more muted paints usually and end up going with Benjamin Moore. Ralph Lauren has some very sophisticated colors in my opinion.
0 Likes   February 1, 2013 at 11:46AM
kimdee24
Benjamin Moore is definitely worth it. It covers great (sometimes in less coats than I'd expect), cleans up amazingly easily and stands up very well. I used a different brand this last time and wasn't as happy.

(I once covered a deep purple wall with two coats of BM in a light taupe color, no primer, no problem.)
0 Likes   February 1, 2013 at 11:58AM
Benjamin Moore has a fabulous array of colors, and excellent quality, though at a high price. Sherwin-Williams also has lovely colors and excellent quality but at a lower price. If I can't find a S-W color that works for a situation, I would then look at Benjamin Moore and buy the Benjamin Moore paint. I would not ask one company to match another company's paint color because it just doesn't turn out quite right.
1 Like   February 1, 2013 at 11:59AM
Arlene Warda, Architecture+Interior Design
The 'Valspar' line, by Benjamin Moore is very good. It is quick drying, doesn't need, and acts like a primer, and is a 'green eco' product. The colors are great as well.
0 Likes   February 1, 2013 at 12:01PM
kittt29
Carolyn, thanks for the tip about not asking someone to match the colors lol that thought had crossed my mind. I will definitely look at both SW then and BM. Thank you all!
0 Likes   February 1, 2013 at 12:07PM
Close to pulling all my hair out. HELP PLEASE!
I'm not sure which countertop to go with between two...
zazfuzzroc
Expedited Shipping
Please contact me 860-778-6841
Rustica Ornamentals
Window treatments for dormer windows
Any ideas for window treatments for the dormers? At...
lottie12
Take 2... Another attempt to complete my living room & Bedroom
12 Months in and I still haven't embraced my red sofa....
indycoolchick
Best part of living in the Southern U.S.?
Do you or have you lived in the Southern United States?...