Needing help with a dark Rumpus Room
rosariaabc
Recently bought a new house. The house was bought in the seventies and has a rumpus room. The room is very dark and cold. I am trying to make it a warm, welcoming area for my 2 children. (11 & 13) I want it to be a good place for them to entertain their friends and play video games etc.

I have only done this once and found it amazing all the great comments I got back! Cheers
Manon Floreat
I'd think about and some warm and bright colors to combat the dark cold feeling. Saturated oranges, yellows, blues, etc. Mirrors will help with reflecting light - although that may be such a great idea fro a rumpus room! The addition of good lighting and lighter window treatments will also help. Here are a couple of ideas that you might like.

Industrial Chic Basement

Seahound Ranch
1 Like   February 1, 2013 at 4:49PM
rosariaabc
Thank you really like industrial chic basement
   February 1, 2013 at 5:14PM
NexTrend Design
I see a window there... good! Is it facing north or which direction is it? Are the doors & trim throughout the house all dark brown? Light doors & trim would help alot. Lighter happy paint colors, such as butter yellow or limon walls would bring a sunny warm fresh feel to the room. Try some punchy colored feature walls as shown in Manon's above photo (thanks Manon). Get new furniture & some fun colored art & accessories, everything's looking very dated. Better lighting & a tall floor lamp that spreads light across the ceiling or corner. Lighter drapes (with grommets) down to the floor would help OR Roman shades or 2" faux wood blinds covering just the window would modernize the space and give you more wall space. New flooring in updated colors such as white-washed gray driftwood. Designate areas or stations in the room for different activities, such as floor games in one corner with colorful interlocking foam floor mats, comfie seating (bean-bag chairs) for movies in another area, table & chairs for table activities (coloring/puzzles/games/crafts), etc.

Are your children boys or girls? That'll make a difference in what you choose and how you put it all together.
   February 1, 2013 at 5:31PM
rosariaabc
Boy and girl, thanks for great ideas!
   February 1, 2013 at 8:48PM
Help! Structural poles need removing in rumpus room!
We are considering buying this house and these poles...
Need help with small, dark combo living room & dining room
Am moving into a small apt with combination dining...
Need help with dining room we don't need & is too dark
We are thinking about buying a house with a huge dining...
I need help this dining room it's so dark
I would like to know how to combine colors with shades...
bathroom on a budget help
Hi everyone, was just coming for a little advice. Being...
Foreign Exchange Market and Currency Rates
The fx news market is a big financial market yielding...
Need help to choose color combinations with Dusty Trail
We are planning to paint to our new home Master Bedroom....
Is the couch too big? Rug too small? What do I need to "finish" this?
I'm wondering if the couch in this living room is too...