Need help designing my daughter room!!!
waynesamFebruary 2, 2013
New construction, my daughter is 5 years old, she picked out her wall color enchant by SW. She wants purple and pink in her room. I would like to create one accent wall. Need help finding the wall accent, wall decals or stencil the wall. Please i really need your help designing her room. I am also shopping for the appliances for the kitchen, lighting, bedroom furniture and curtains for all the bedroom.please help thank you.
Keerthi Naidu
Hey waynesam, did you decide what to do with your accent wall yet? I think stencils are SUPER fun for kids rooms - what did you end up doing?
1 Like    Bookmark   April 17, 2013 at 3:51PM
waynesam
hi, keerthi. i have not decided. I have 2 weeks now to decide, i wana get it done before i move. I am going towards stencils but do not know which design to do. The color is enchant from sherwin williams(light purple), i purchased dark purple silk curtains, will that go? if you have any suggestions, please let me know.
    Bookmark   April 19, 2013 at 6:32AM
0825sam
If you like this look there are some vendors on etsy who have wall decals in the Moroccan tile pattern. I was thinking of that for my daughters room in gold. Or my friend did that pattern in a stencil.
    Bookmark   April 19, 2013 at 6:37AM
mveasey
What is your daughter into these days? My girls just bought some Angry Bird decals, that we can remove anytime. The most important thing is that your daughter likes it and feels happy spending time in her room. My twin girls just got their own rooms, nearly six years old now. I have to restrain myself from turning it into a designed room, because it is theirs, but I have to be able to live with it too. We still have to paint the rooms and we chose a light purply pink as well, sorry forgot name.
I was looking at these beautiful peacock decals, when the Angry Birds wave hit...another option is Society 6, they have some cute reasonable prints, that you can frame along with your daughters artwork. I was thinking of covering a piece of sheetmetal with a funky fabric, so we can put up art with magnets. Pinterest has some ideas where you cover cork pot units for the same reason, very cute. I framed some cute wrapping paper with stamps from all over the world.
We did dark purple velvet drapes which look very cozy, even in a northfacing room, sorry the photo does not do it justice. We have a purple wool rug from Ikea, which is wonderful, but shows all the fuzz and bits and pieces that come with having busy girls. My other daughter got the Land of Nod rug with the sparkles, I am going more for a bohemian look in her room. She also got a swing that I spraypainted pink in her room and it is so much fun.
Make space for what your daughter likes, but not too crazy so that she can calm down in her room as well. We can take the swing off, if things get out of hand ;-)
    Bookmark   April 19, 2013 at 9:51AM
mveasey
Sorry here the peacock decals... And don't forget the ceiling! Lighting is important!
1 Like    Bookmark   April 19, 2013 at 9:54AM
Keerthi Naidu
Stencils are so fun! Here are some ones I found when searching for Kids rooms on Houzz and they'd all look really nice with the paint color you have:
Megan Cadogan
Lakeshore Cottage Living: Children's Room
Just a Girl
1 Like    Bookmark   April 19, 2013 at 10:03AM
0825sam
This is what I was thinking http://www.etsy.com/listing/122011437/on-sale-moroccan-pattern-2-vinyl-wall?ref=cat_gallery_12

Just for general ideas there are some beautiful rooms if you search houzz kids for "purple drapes"
    Bookmark   April 19, 2013 at 10:06AM
Need help redesigning my teen daughters bed room.
My daughter is 14, it'd be realistic to design a room...
zoeyzpan
Need help figuring out my daughters room
Who designed the room thanks
chandaleigh
Help with my 4 year old daughters room
We are building a new house and I am stuck on my daughters...
Bec Hazra
Need help designing my daughters room
My daughter is 2.5 years old and we moved to new house....
ulvikap
I desperately need help with my daughters room!
I think I have the bones figured out... walls are BM...
jburgess412
Is this 9x12 carpet too big......
Would 8x10 be better for this space - and does it need...
mskdj
Need help for basement paint color
My basement has very little natural light. I would...
brs0512
Need help with daughter's bedroom.
My daughter's bedroom needs an update and a fresh look....
Liya
Help design my country/vintage/modern idk what it is kitchen!
okay, here is my kitchen. Just had the granite installed...
toatsmcgoats
what color for ceiling, walls, trim
I can't decide how to paint this ceiling but know I...
medmassage1