Gu10 recessed lighting concerns
notta
My house is completely gutted right now and making up my mind about which recessed lighting to use is holding up progress. I found some 3" recessed lighting that I like but it uses GU10 type bulbs. I have my concerns about installing this lighting type all throughout my house and then find out some time down the road that you can't find those type bulbs anymore. Would appreciate any thoughts you guys have on this matter. Thanks.
Frank Webb's Bath and Lighting Center
That is a valid concern, the bulbs probably won't get discontinued anytime soon but they may eventually as technology changes. I would suggest using recessed lights that take a standard socket, that way you can use a variety of different bulbs depending on the trim you select. 4" ones will take a 50par20 lamp which is fairly bright or if you want to spend a little more go for the lo voltage ones that take MR16 lamps, they are very bright
February 2, 2013 at 9:16AM   
Need help with turning my living room into a kids cooking classroom
Hello, I'm planning to host some kids cooking classes...
Need help for a screened rear porch
Would like to remodel and update the rear screened...
Need help for my kitchen
Hi, we just bought a house,with terracotta floor, i...
How many walls should I paint?
I've started painting a guest room in a quilted fashion...
Help design my country/vintage/modern idk what it is kitchen!
okay, here is my kitchen. Just had the granite installed...